• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone tried Walker's Silencer Electronic Ear Plugs

I got them this last November on a black friday sale for a great price from Midway. I've found I only have use for them with pistol shooting and suppressed rifle shooting. At the range I need to put muffs over them to even be comfortable if there's a braked rifle around. I don't ever shoot rifles unsuppressed so it's perfect for me so I can get a better cheek weld.

Only other complaints are that even the smallest foamies that come with it are a bit too big for my ear, and I've felt like I've never gotten a good seal on them. Lastly, even though it seems like I am extremely cautious on turning the power off when I put them back in the case.. I've often found that I open them up and the batteries are dead.

For the price, they're not bad and I would buy them again for my purposes.

I got them this last November on a black friday sale for a great price from Midway. I've found I only have use for them with pistol shooting and suppressed rifle shooting. At the range I need to put muffs over them to even be comfortable if there's a braked rifle around. I don't ever shoot rifles unsuppressed so it's perfect for me so I can get a better cheek weld.

Only other complaints are that even the smallest foamies that come with it are a bit too big for my ear, and I've felt like I've never gotten a good seal on them. Lastly, even though it seems like I am extremely cautious on turning the power off when I put them back in the case.. I've often found that I open them up and the batteries are dead.

Thank you for saving me money.

I have them and this is my exact experience. I even sent a set back because one of the foams tore from me trying to squash it enough to fit in my apparently tiny ear canals. Batteries are always dead when I get them out of the case even though they were turned off. With a fresh battery and assuming I can actually get them in my ears, they work fine and I like them.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder what the ears of the person who uses the large foams look like!

Every time I see a guy wearing these I can't help but wonder if the wind blows straight thru his head when they aren't in. lol...

I have had the same issue. They work well from a static position; however I cannot seem to keep them in my ears if I need to move. I find myself wearing a set of electronic peltors over top and that seems to keep them in when I am using them for work, however I assume most people who purchase these are trying to not use double ear pro. If I use them to hunt the battery life is as advertised if it is not to cold. But I can’t just put them in and forget about them as they are constantly falling out.

I have had the same issue. They work well from a static position; however I cannot seem to keep them in my ears if I need to move. I find myself wearing a set of electronic peltors over top and that seems to keep them in when I am using them for work, however I assume most people who purchase these are trying to not use double ear pro. If I use them to hunt the battery life is as advertised if it is not to cold. But I can’t just put them in and forget about them as they are constantly falling out.

The foam that expands in your ear fell off one of the ear buds. I took a pair of 15 dollar sure fire silicone ear plugs and replaced the foam with sure fires and they work amazing. They stay in like their glued to my ears and work perfectly. If you all ready have a the walkers it will fix the always falling out issue.

I like these for shooting when I'm by myself and shooting suppressed or even my .223 with no brake. But around a competition with muzzlebrakes and/or a crowded range, these don't do the trick for me. Surprisingly I did find a size combination that fit my ears really well and stayed in.

If you do a search on them on the hide, I had a discussion going about them recently.
I moved to the OTTO’s, which ARE the new Etymotic Elites but are available now, and am much happier.

Reactions: Scotch_egg
For those of you with fit issues, I ordered the Misodiko 3.5mm silicone earbuds from Amazon. Can’t seem to get a link to work but you can search the name on Amazon. They did make them fit better but didn’t solve my other issues.

Last edited:
I have the new OTTOs and have shot rifles with muzzle brakes under a low tin roof with no problems with the foam tips. Can’t recommend those enough. They obviously are more expensive than the Walkers, but way less expensive than most high end electronic plugs. The only comparable item I’m aware of is the Peltors (the OTTOs are the rechargeable version of the Etymotic GSPs).

The rubber flanged tips don’t cut it with muzzle brakes, however.

I use Walker’s. They work great, and are an excellent upgrade over muffs. Beware, they take hearing aid batteries. When I asked a Walmart employee where to find them, she responded, “THEY’RE AT THE FRONT OF PHARMACY, SIR”, very loudly. I guess I’m at that age.

The batteries last about eight hours. If I’d known about OTTOs, I’d probably have gotten them, since they’re rechargeable.

Last edited:
The are awesome and as good as peltor over ear. The one bad is the batteries. I feel you have to take them out after use or they drain.

Beware when reading other reviews from people that "just dont think they will work" or "dont like how they fit" They perfectly block out the shot and are better than foams even with no batteries.

For you guys looking for an IN ear electronic solution, you need to take a hard look at the EAR Inc SHOTHUNT series. In the research I've done they have the best Db rating in the industry with a NRR of 32 (I haven't seen an IN ear with better numbers). I've tried a few different makes and models and fell in love with these. Super lightweight, super comfortable and pretty dang good battery life. The $$$ is hard to swallow but I can about guarantee you won't be disappointed. PM me if you have any questions and don't pay the online retail price.