• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Has anyone used a PVS-27 MUNS on a SCAR 17?

Wiley117

Private
Minuteman
Supporter+
Dec 6, 2020
North Carolina, USA
Has anyone here used the PVS-27 on a Scar 17 or a Scar 20? If so, did it suffer any recoil damage or was it good to go?

I've been asking other places and cannot get a straight answer. Thanks!

I’ve only put my new SureShot L3 WP on the SCAR-20 for about 10 rounds with zero problems, but I doubt that’s a reliable test.

The guy I purchased my 27 from had bought a lot of 10 for training classes. Only thing he warned me was no Scar 17s. Apparently they had no issues with all sorts of rifles including several Barrett 82s. However, sure enough, they had one unit fail using it on a SCAR 17. Sample of one, but interesting none the less.

Is that L3 tube in a pvs 27? What weaponsight housing do you use?

Yes. An OSTI MUNS retubed with a 2700 FOM L3 WP.

3F648FBF-F0E2-4550-BEF0-30FEBB440E4D.jpeg

Reactions: Huskydriver
So my retubed MUNS will be fine on the HTI, but may not be on the scar.
The guy I purchased my 27 from had bought a lot of 10 for training classes. Only thing he warned me was no Scar 17s. Apparently they had no issues with all sorts of rifles including several Barrett 82s. However, sure enough, they had one unit fail using it on a SCAR 17. Sample of one, but interesting none the less.
How many rounds did your friend put through the Scar/MUNS combo before it failed? And what kind of failure was it? Tube damaged, or battery/electronics came loose and it switched off, or do you know?

Ask your rep if the optic in question is rated for 1200Gs..thats the requirement for SCAR 17
Many optics have to be individually certified at that G rating and retested before it goes to the customers.

I spoke to a rep from FLIR today who says a genuine FLIR PVS-27 can handle a Scar-Ho n full auto. I asked if it matters what kind of tube is in there, Gen 3, or a WP 1701 tube and he said it doesn't matter, the PVS-27 has integral recoil protection. A Scar-H on full auto was the hardest on optics, even more than a 50 cal, and the PVS-27 can definitely handle it.

Oddly, he said that the short barreled Desert Tech SRS rifles were causing problems. It seems that if the lens is too close to the end of the barrel that can cause damage, but that's not recoil-related.

Reactions: Near miss