• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone used one of these?

Re: Has anyone used one of these?

I made my own out of a piece of kydex from a broken holster and a scope mount ring. works great on one rifle, won't fit on the other.

Seems like another solution to a non problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbaird22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like another solution to a non problem. </div></div>

Well, while it might <span style="font-style: italic">SEEM</span> like a solution to a non problem it just may very well be a problem if you understood what my problem is.

With that being said, my problem is that I typically shoot in an area that has limited space for my brass to land so it can easily be collected. When it goes outside that area it gets lost in the tall grass and is rather difficult to find and subsequently reload.

That's not a huge deal for .223 but, it is for 300BLK. This is due to the fact that 300BLK is not really used by to the extent .223 is and when it is they typically keep it so they can reload it unlike .223.

Thus, I prefer to hang onto my .223 so I don't end up with cases of mixed head stamps or no cases at all when I shoot at my usual spot which is not a public range. Additionally, I find comfort in keeping track of the uses of my brass so I don't end up with a blown case in my chamber. I don't get that comfort when I use range brass.

While I thank you for your highly intellectual insight, this product may very well be the solution to my problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sespe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made my own out of a piece of kydex from a broken holster and a scope mount ring. works great on one rifle, won't fit on the other. </div></div>

Thanks for the input. I read your thread you had a while back but unfortunately I do not have a spare ring and extra kydex in my possession.

I think it is garbage and no need for extra weight and things to snag on. Save your money and put it towards a new scope.

I took a old fishing net (the kind on a pole to get the fish in your boat), pulled the net and ring, and mounted it into some 2x4's. I set it to the right of my ejection port and it catches my brass. It works well, and only cost me 5 minutes of southern enginuity.

I would agree with getting a brass catching bag probably the best solution easy on easy off and more likely to easily interchange.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use this one
It can sit on a bench, a tripod,or on the ground. it is not useful for run and gun...

http://www.ctkprecision.com/brasscatcher.aspx </div></div>

The one I made is like that one, just not as pretty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbaird22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like another solution to a non problem. </div></div>

Evidently you have never been on a firing line with a gas gun on your left side. Getting hit in the face with brass from the gun next to you will put you in a bad mood pretty quick.

I just used one of the caldwell bags for the first time this past weekend, I wasn't about to let my nice lapua brass flyto where I couldn't find it. It worked really well and didn't have any feeding/ejecting problems at all. Best of all, it was about $8.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattyfire290</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it is garbage and no need for extra weight and things to snag on. Save your money and put it towards a new scope. </div></div>

I'm not an tactical operator and I'm good on optics. Are you saying they are junk because you have used one and found them to be junk or is that your opinion of them after having never used one?

I have used a mesh bag that was made by I forget who. It does what it is designed to do but I want something that stays on the gun. Every time I use it I leave it unzipped anyhow. I want the brass to go away from the gun but in a downward motion. The reason I am eyeing this deflector is because it mounts beneath my Eotech and hopefully my LT-104.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbaird22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like another solution to a non problem. </div></div>

Evidently you have never been on a firing line with a gas gun on your left side. Getting hit in the face with brass from the gun next to you will put you in a bad mood pretty quick. </div></div>

Or bouncing off your scope that cost more than the idiots rifle thats spittin the brass out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattyfire290</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it is garbage and no need for extra weight and things to snag on. Save your money and put it towards a new scope. </div></div>

Wow really? That's the best input you have? Does the OP ever say he's looking for a scope? Extra weight... Really? Things to snag on?

Thanks for your insightful contribution.