• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has Fedex become a total goat screw?

UPS keeps dumbing down their tracking every three days or so. Fedex Express is the best service right now, even Express Saver.

FedEx struck again in my neighborhood. I got a call from a neighbor looking for a FedEx package. It took her 2 days to find it sitting beside a neighbor's garage 6-7 houses down the block. No inverted numbers, nothing similar in the address other than the same street name.

FedEx has always been like that. I’ve had packages say loaded on vehicle for delivery, and sit there for 3 days, before it gets delivered. I’ve had packages go from a city literally 30 mins away from me, up to Oregon, over to Utah, down to New Mexico, through Arizona, and then sit for two days at the local distribution station, only to have delivery delayed by 2 more days because they handed it off to usps. Moral of the story, FedEx is a overpriced shit carrier that even ontrac, and Dhl has surpassed in quality and service. When I buy something, I am literally saying please don’t be FedEx, please don’t be FedEx....... Aw fuck!

Haha. Part 2...FedEx keeps sending me delivery notices for package from Seekins that was delivered a week ago!

They all suck but recent experience is that FedEx sucks more these days.
And the shit show continues.....after projecting delivery every day last week on an item from Seekins that was already delivered, FedEx informed me by email that...yes, my item was delivered a week ago.

Wow....they really suck.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I mean, really... 2020/2021...

Rona.jpg

Maybe it's just my luck, but the last few months it seems as though FX has been really screwing the pooch. For several months now, they say they are going to deliver on one day, cancel, then deliver on another day ( it's not due to weather). I called the local delivery hub on one recent screw up, the delivery date showed the item was on the truck. It got delivered the following day. When asked why, the hub woman said that the item was not even put on the truck. She couldn't explain why this is happening so frequently.
Are you guys getting this same treatment with FX? I try to patronize them since they haven't caved to blm yet, unlike ups. It just seems like a lesson in frustration.
I have come to think it's a regional thing, but who the heck knows. I'm in Tampa and UPS is an unmitigated disaster and has been for 20+ years, but FedEx is cash money every time. FedEx Ground deliveries are 10-12 every day like clockwork and my regardless of the driver they all pay attention to details like the notes for my address to leave under a table behind the pillar at my front door. UPS reschedules so often I just cringe when I see it as the only shipping option. They lost an upper of mine a couple of years ago for about 3 weeks finally showed up unannounced. Probably the most annoying aspect of UPS for me is the damage I have had to packages where stuff is hanging out etc. I have clear instructions on where to leave pacakges and I've caught guys throwing them on my porch and they are typically left in full view on the steps sans one guy. I despise UPS, but buddy in Atlanta swears by them and won't use FedEx ha!

Maybe it's just my luck, but the last few months it seems as though FX has been really screwing the pooch. For several months now, they say they are going to deliver on one day, cancel, then deliver on another day ( it's not due to weather). I called the local delivery hub on one recent screw up, the delivery date showed the item was on the truck. It got delivered the following day. When asked why, the hub woman said that the item was not even put on the truck. She couldn't explain why this is happening so frequently.
Are you guys getting this same treatment with FX? I try to patronize them since they haven't caved to blm yet, unlike ups. It just seems like a lesson in frustration.
You must live in Northern San Antonio as well. LOL. FedEx completely sucks and I avoid them at all costs.

It takes USPS 4 days to deliver a priority letter from St. Louis to Kansas City. Its a 4 hour drive.

USPS is still the biggest screw job - lost 2 expensive packages this year with these dopes. One was a package of geissele triggers from a guy on here. Package went missing for months (USPS priority insured), clearly lost - even though fully ensured offered $100 only (1/4 of value) and only on appeal did they get off their asses to find the box. Fuckers had it all the time. Now recently FEDEX is doing the same. Claiming they delivered something (and was signed) but my ring shows otherwise. Asswipes.

Has happened for me the last 2 times with fedex. Get a text says “your package will be delivered x day.” That day I get a text says your package is out for delivery.” Then sometime later I get a “delivery exception. No one home or business closed.” The fuck I’m not home- I work from home. Then, when it is delivered, it is left on the porch. No knock, just pitched up near the door. Why the fuck would I need to be at home for that. I think the drivers are working the system to fuck off. Well, they can all fuck right the fuck off.

Something is definitely fucky with FedEx. Ordered a rail from Brownells with 2nd day EDGE shipping. Didn't make the delivery day so I checked the shipment details and Fed Ex had it listed as Ground? WTF??? I mean the 2nd day was free per se but is Fed Ex just up and changing shipping speeds on a whim?

Something is definitely fucky with FedEx. Ordered a rail from Brownells with 2nd day EDGE shipping. Didn't make the delivery day so I checked the shipment details and Fed Ex had it listed as Ground? WTF??? I mean the 2nd day was free per se but is Fed Ex just up and changing shipping speeds on a whim?

or did Brownells?

I ordered some parts the other day from a different vendor and paid for 2day shipping and both were sent fedex home delivery instead of 2day. One showed up in two days. The other did not and the vendor refunded my shipping costs.

A buddy of mine used to work for Fedex Ground he said when the battery is about to die on their hand held scanners some drivers would go ahead and scan every package they had left on the truck as if it has been delivered before the battery completely dies. He said if the battery dies your only option was to go back to the office and get a new one they wouldn't let them take multiple batteries...(I know sounds retarded) I didn't really believe him until one time I was having a package delivered and the tracking said it was delivered around noon so I rushed home and I couldn't find it anywhere.....well about 3pm a fedex truck shows up and drops off my package. I ask the driver what happened the tracking said it was delivered over three hours ago........She says sorry my scanner was going to die so I went ahead and scanned it as being delivered so I wouldn't have to go all the way back to the office.

or did Brownells?

I ordered some parts the other day from a different vendor and paid for 2day shipping and both were sent fedex home delivery instead of 2day. One showed up in two days. The other did not and the vendor refunded my shipping costs.
Good question... I am "trying" not to throw Brownell's under the bus but that could very well be the case. Maybe they roll the dice based on location and hope for the best to save a buck? IDK 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
FedEx should be renamed ExFelon. Bunch of cunts. I bought a gorgeous Santa Cruz TallBoy and those useless sacks of rancid meat used it as a fucking trampoline. Had to send it back and get a refund.

Honestly, everyday I see more reason for post-birth abortion advocacy without a statue of limitations.... just saying...

I just checked FedEx tracking on some bike parts coming from Golden Co. Package went from Golden to Denver and is now in Tennessee.
I live in Southwest Co.
Wonder why there is a fuel shortage.

They all suck and it's only going to get worse. We might have to start up a hide package relay service.

It’s to the point that if I have to go somewhere with important multiple assets I ship one and drive at least one. Last time I arrived with one and the other arrived four days later after it went through multiple fedex dc’s. None of them are worth the money at this point but I break up deliveries so I don’t have a single point of failure.

One guy gave me some good advice: if you can claim ITAR, that gets everyone off thier ass and locating your box.

One guy gave me some good advice: if you can claim ITAR, that gets everyone off thier ass and locating your box.
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I'm curious - just what is involved with claiming ITAR? FedEx appears to have lost a custom barrel that I bought in October during a great sale. It's not an international shipment, so I don't know that ITAR can be invoked. It's just getting annoying having the overseas-based customer service person read Lie Scripts #1, 2, 3, & 4 (in broken English mind you) each time I call, saying the local manager is "diligently searching for your package". They've asked me a couple of times what the package contained, and - not wanting to incur their wrath for trafficking (gasp!) gun parts, I told them it's a precision machined steel tube. Perhaps if I went the other way, and told them it was precision sniper rifle barrel, they'd get up off their incompetent asses and look.
Yeah, I can dream can't I?

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I'm curious - just what is involved with claiming ITAR? FedEx appears to have lost a custom barrel that I bought in October during a great sale. It's not an international shipment, so I don't know that ITAR can be invoked. It's just getting annoying having the overseas-based customer service person read Lie Scripts #1, 2, 3, & 4 (in broken English mind you) each time I call, saying the local manager is "diligently searching for your package". They've asked me a couple of times what the package contained, and - not wanting to incur their wrath for trafficking (gasp!) gun parts, I told them it's a precision machined steel tube. Perhaps if I went the other way, and told them it was precision sniper rifle barrel, they'd get up off their incompetent asses and look.
Yeah, I can dream can't I?
Tell them it is an depleted uranium cylinder and the protective sleeve only keeps radiation from leaking for about seven days and every day it gets worse.

I'm glad a trucker said this because I have definitely noticed a change in overall truck driver behavior over the last 15 - 20 years and it hasn't been for the better.
It's our society. There's some jobs where you see it more than others because of the increased interaction but it's everywhere.

Fed ex has gone completely upside down. Once the gold standard for shipping, it's now something I avoid. UDPS is like telling whoever you are shipping to "I don't care if it gets there in once piece or at all" ....

UPS has been pretty good for me and far better than fed ex. It's the only way I will ship anything that can get torn up or has a value of more than a few hundred bucks. I won't even go in my local post office. I drive to the next town to go into the post office and again, that's only for items that aren't valuable. (Basically I ship my brass to Dave, flat rate usps and that's it), otherwise it's UPS.

Sad state of affairs we have these days. When a society actively removes all morals and community identities this is what we get, a bunch of randos who don't give a shit about anything.

All the shippers have become a coddle-fest for the entitlement crowd (at least in major areas). It's amazing to see the difference in small, non-infested towns . . . They got the jobs without being qualified, and know that it's almost impossible to get fired, and the result is as expected.

And Frankly, location does matter! Here is the Dallas area, UPS could break an anvil, but stuff from FedEx often sjows up early, and looking like it has never been touched . . .

I can't imagine how high someone must be to not realize dumping your packages wouldn't come back to you. Like, oh, these packages all have total transit tracking?

Reactions: Animal357
There are a ton of problems in the delivery business. I’m not making excuses for them, but there are so many factors involved. When COVID hit, everyone stayed home and ordered stuff. Volume exploded, and ups was running Christmas numbers through their buildings everyday. Charlotte was running 100k pkgs through their building in 5 hours. It is an old outdated building. Atlanta has a new building and they are running 100k per hour and they are maxed out. This means big truck drivers leave the building late, which puts them at the next destination late and the cycle continues. Another big problem is today’s work force. They don’t want to work, and when they do, their ethics just plain suck. Delivering pkgs is a shitty job, I don’t care who you work for, even with technology, it is hard work. When I was younger my one day personal best was 376 deliveries in one day. Think about that for a moment. Driving to 376 different houses and making a delivery. They have them doing MORE than that now because they say the workers can be more efficient due to technology. Another problem is the ups ceo came from Home Depot. She has not worked as a worker at ups, and her whole goal is to raise stock prices. They have cut ever single bonus or perk that drivers used to get. 30 year safe driving award- you do not deserve anything. We used to get a Christmas turkey, and that has been done for almost 100 years, not anymore. Cut into profit. We are driving tractors with well over a million miles on them because they won’t buy new equipment. Some tractors will rattle the fillings out of your teeth, but they don’t care, and they will tell you so. I could go on and on, but basically when I order stuff now, I take it with a grain of salt, that it might be screwed up. It sucks that the delivery business has become like this. Ups used to be the crown jewel in the delivery business, but those days are behind us, and we (the senior drivers) don’t see it coming back.

Reactions: Sgtsideways
There are a ton of problems in the delivery business. I’m not making excuses for them, but there are so many factors involved. When COVID hit, everyone stayed home and ordered stuff. Volume exploded, and ups was running Christmas numbers through their buildings everyday. Charlotte was running 100k pkgs through their building in 5 hours. It is an old outdated building. Atlanta has a new building and they are running 100k per hour and they are maxed out. This means big truck drivers leave the building late, which puts them at the next destination late and the cycle continues. Another big problem is today’s work force. They don’t want to work, and when they do, their ethics just plain suck. Delivering pkgs is a shitty job, I don’t care who you work for, even with technology, it is hard work. When I was younger my one day personal best was 376 deliveries in one day. Think about that for a moment. Driving to 376 different houses and making a delivery. They have them doing MORE than that now because they say the workers can be more efficient due to technology. Another problem is the ups ceo came from Home Depot. She has not worked as a worker at ups, and her whole goal is to raise stock prices. They have cut ever single bonus or perk that drivers used to get. 30 year safe driving award- you do not deserve anything. We used to get a Christmas turkey, and that has been done for almost 100 years, not anymore. Cut into profit. We are driving tractors with well over a million miles on them because they won’t buy new equipment. Some tractors will rattle the fillings out of your teeth, but they don’t care, and they will tell you so. I could go on and on, but basically when I order stuff now, I take it with a grain of salt, that it might be screwed up. It sucks that the delivery business has become like this. Ups used to be the crown jewel in the delivery business, but those days are behind us, and we (the senior drivers) don’t see it coming back.

Hmmm, I'm not seeing the background I would think would qualify one to be CEO of a huge WORLDWIDE company. Maybe I'm biased, but her CV doesn't say I'm a badass in the transportation sector.

Yes. They are in a labor dispute here with their 'contract' truckers. Nothing is getting delivered...

Fedex Ground is trash company. Underbidder to get the AMazon and Chewy and Home Depot and discount shipping... and they can't pay their drivers... maintain their trucks... organize their facilities. They are dumping packages here too.

If they go tits up... good luck to all the mega online retailers! Who depend on their garbage cut rate shipping... for their high $$ products. And good luck to inflation again...

Sirhr

They almost seem like politicians these days. Not really qualified for anything, couldn’t do the jobs that they over see, but getting paid millions for it. Several years ago they took our safe driver awards away from us and the ceo got a 10 million dollar raise for how well he had done.

UPS drivers hate this bitch. That's a quote from my driver. She is also a blm supporter, which the guy's hate even more. I tried to go with fedex, but you can forget it. The drivers are terrible and I had more damaged packages and attitude than any other outfit.
I've now gone back to UPS.

My Fedex express guy is awesome, delivers in blinding snow, always in a good mood. Packages always on time. Calls from the nearest town if he ever needs a signature.

Fedex Ground is a disaster. They basically quit delivering to my house as soon as snow starts, and will leave at a box elsewhere on the property. Won't come up for signatures. And the whole service sucks. I currently have a package that seems to be doing a tour of small towns in Colorado, even though I live a few states away. Their automated phone service might give me a stroke some day.

Assholes..... I'm in Virginia.... I order a part I need from North Carolina. Sweet, should be quickly. Days later.... It goes from NC to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona then to California... I'm fucking dying here.... Now it's on the way from California to Virginia... I hope.

I have had more than a few issues with FEDEX out my way. Mostly FEDEX ground.
UPS hasn't been perfect but they are WAY better than FEDEX out here! Even my dogs like the UPS guy.