• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hate trash on the right-of-way around town? Targets!

Emergencynrse

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
I can't stand the people that insist on trashing the right-of-way in my neighborhood.
For the sake of their advertisements they make everything look like shit.

Well, there is a way to make sun shine on a rainy day. Make targets outta them and clean up the community.

I start by spray painting the signs black

Next, with the help of a cheap 4" hole-saw I make room for clay pigeons.

Set 'em up at whatever range and knock 'em down. Simple

Spray Paint- 0.99/can
4" hole saw- 12.99
Clay Pigeons- 7.00/box 100
Targets- Free

Enjoy...

good idea man!

we don't have that problem around here. the city passed an ordinance saying that temporary signs cannot be posted more than 3 days at a time or there is a $250 fine

This is not only funnneeeee, but is politically correct. How to recycle crap into something useful!

from what i understand, its illegal to take down signs (unless you own them) around here. I.E. those political signs that are always up around election time, even if you wait until AFTER the election, you can still get fined pretty bad for taking them.

Funny thing I got arrested for getting a couple of election signs from were I live in Ms got me 2 counts of petty larson for 4 of the small signs and had to pay 700 bucks. They put my arrest picture in the local paper and every thing

BLM in San Diego now will not allow clay pigeons to be shot on any BLM land as it is now considered littering due to the amount of time to decompose. :(

Funny thing I got arrested for getting a couple of election signs from were I live in Ms got me 2 counts of petty larson for 4 of the small signs and had to pay 700 bucks. They put my arrest picture in the local paper and every thing

That sucks!!!!!

BLM in San Diego now will not allow clay pigeons to be shot on any BLM land as it is now considered littering due to the amount of time to decompose. :(

Thats bullsh!t...how long do they take to decompose???

Well, I've been arrested for the same library book --twice. Beat that. I bet they even have a 15yo warrant for me a third time. Only time I've ever been harassed or arrested, it was for bullshit like this and in the South.

Removing those signs usually is illegal. But at that intersection, I think I'd wait until 4am and just drive over all that ugly shit. I remember that in the South too, all the damn signs. They're mostly illegal here, or at least restricted, and they even paint trees and shit on water towers and camo the cell towers.

On the other hand, you can get all the free signs you want after the election and during it, you can request signs for your yard and then just take 'em and use 'em for targets. Afterwards you can get 'em for free by volunteering to remove them. Hell, you may even make a buck.

I worked with a guy that had a second job placing and picking them up. He always had plenty. When I did alarms, I never had a shortage of alarms signs, though they make a mess when you shoot 'em.

I think you should put up a sign asking others not to put up these signs.

Where i live it is illegal to put election signs on the right of way. Our city road crews will remove them. The people that put signs on power poles get to me. Because my dad worked for the phone company and had to claim poles the staples and nails makes it hard to clam them safely.