• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hats off to Mr.Tim "Moon" Roberts

VLDshooter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
Kentucky
I recently had Moon rebarrel and true a fn spr action for me, and wow this thing will shoot. I tried to work up a load using 140 bergers and reloader 17 and it shot everything I tried well... very well. So I settled on 43.5 gr shooting at 2950 fps and took it out to my friends farm that has steel set up from 600 to 1000 yards and hit any thing I put my crosshairs on. This rifle made it very easy to hit small prairie dog targets at those ranges. Needless to say im very happy with the end product and the great and timely service I received from crescent customs, just want to give Moon a shout out for doing a outstanding job.

Moon built my most accurate rifle, ever, a .243 on a Surgeon 591 action, plus three rifles for friends that I sent to him who are all beyond pleased with his work.

This week, a new AI AT is headed Moon's way for a bit of attention, plus an additional 6.5 CM barrel on a Bartlein tube. An AXMC338 will be right along behind it for an extra barrel in .300 NM.

Why would I rather have an extra barrel for my new AI stuff from Moon rather than AINA? Because Moon is a one man shop, responsible by both name and reputation for every single aspect of that barrel's fabrication. Who built your AINA barrel?!?

Last edited:
Moon built 2 laser 6 Creedmoors for me and a 338 Lapua for my buddy. Heck of a nice guy to deal with that builds super accurate rifles!

Moon has quite the devoted following.....after owning one of his rifles for a while, it seems very well deserved.

Reactions: alfmoonspace
Tim is wonderful to deal with. GAP built my Winchester M70 in 7wsm and when I had problems with the bolt they couldn't get it fixed (they replaced the safety caming lever). I sent it to Moon and he had it up and running in two days after basically reworking the trigger job. He sent it back to me before he received my payment ($89 plus I gave him a $50 tip based on his service) and he called me a couple of weeks later to check on how the rifle was performing. That's customer service in my book.

When I need to rebarrel, Moon will get my business.

Moon built my most accurate rifle, ever, a .243 on a Surgeon 591 action, plus three rifles for friends that I sent to him who are all beyond pleased with his work.

This week, a new AI AT is headed Moon's way for a bit of attention, plus an additional 6.5 CM barrel on a Bartlein tube. An AXMC338 will be right along behind it for an extra barrel in .300 NM.

Why would I rather have an extra barrel for my new AI stuff from Moon rather than AINA? Because Moon is a one man shop, responsible by both name and reputation for every single aspect of that barrel's fabrication. Who built your AINA barrel?!?

No offense, but Dave Tooley did, and I'd put his work up against anybody's. He's a class act. Don't forget the 1.35 minimum tenon diameter for the 300nm barrel. Good luck, though i highly doubt you need any luck if youre sending to moon :).

If Mr. Tooley does personally build every single barrel for AINA himself, then he's one busy man, and I stand corrected.

I have had the opportunity to borescope an AX338 barrel built by Tooley, and it's beautifully done.

Would you guys keep it down in here, he's already busy enough! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: alfmoonspace
Old thread, but how did it turn out? What bottom metal and magazines are you using to feed those Lapua rounds? I like that cartridge a lot easy to load for.

I can't help you with the Moon part of the build, but he has a very good, very longstanding reputation as a fantastic gunsmith.

I have had two FN SPRs rebarreled to 6.5x47L. Both times I initially used the old factory DBM without issue, and later was able to find the factory TBM - and again have had zero issues from the 5 and 10 round magazines.

Does he need your action for an AI barrel? I'd like to get one from him as I had a 300WM that is still one of the most accurate rifles I've ever shot.

I can't help you with the Moon part of the build, but he has a very good, very longstanding reputation as a fantastic gunsmith.

I have had two FN SPRs rebarreled to 6.5x47L. Both times I initially used the old factory DBM without issue, and later was able to find the factory TBM - and again have had zero issues from the 5 and 10 round magazines.
Awesome, I’ll be good with either factory offering which is great. Thanks

Reactions: diggler1833