• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

have I gone overboard

a.williams

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
Virginia
I personally think my rifle looks pretty good the way it is just need to get a black synthetic stock. I have a Marlin Model 60 that I took the barrell off of an painted OD along with my new 4X-16X40mm Center point scope. I also added a bipod to it. This is just my trainer gun to get used to shooting, as my son gets older and more into shooting I plan to pass the gun to him.

Re: have I gone overboard

If it's what you like then no you didn't go overboard. Your not doing it to please anyone else. Just yourself. And to get used to shooting the Marlin is a good way to start. Enjoy and definitely get your son involved.

"have I gone overboard"

Not if YOU are happy with the results..........

Keith

I put a 6-18x50 on my Marlin 25N (I think it's now the model 925) at one point. I robbed the glass for another project and need to put something back on it, but I was accused of going overboard at one point too. Til I was knocking 20 ga shells off the boards at 100 yards with it.

If you enjoy shooting it and getting the trigger time and it suits your purposes, who cares what you do to it? Only you, and that's what's importatn.

I put a Leupy 4.5x 14 on my sako quad love it overboard ? Hell no it's what I wanted

+ 1 on this. If your happy thats all that matters <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's what you like then no you didn't go overboard. Your not doing it to please anyone else. Just yourself. And to get used to shooting the Marlin is a good way to start. Enjoy and definitely get your son involved. </div></div>

I say no. Whatever floats your boat. I'm gathering some bits for my own model 60 build. It's the first gun my dad ever gave me. Was my Christmas present when I was 5 (1980). While it's not going to be a "sniper" rifle, it'll be an excuse for me to get my 8yo daughter and 4yo son into shooting. Hell, I've even been thinking about a Cricket build for my 4yo so he can have a gun with the correct LOP for him. I can just picture him prone with a cricket on a McMillan style stock, scope and a bipod. That's overboard and I like it...

Hell, I have a model 52 Winchester that has a 20x Lyman on it, it shoots like a house a fire and I wouldn't change it for nothing. It is what you think it is.
BMAN; They build a cricket with a big barrel and you can mount a scope on it too. With a little work on the trigger they shoot pretty well.
Best of luck,
Mac's

If you went over board. I went to outterspace. I put a krieger bbl on my 22 got a set of Centra sights a MCM fully adj stock Jewel trigger badger 20MOA base and a 6.5X20 30mm tube scope. Then sent the scope back to have it changed to an EFR scope. There is no such thing as overboard if it is what you want

heck no!!!! when i had my nod 60 i had a 150 dollar scope on it with sunshades that reached almost the full length of the barrel, but you know what it could shoot bug holes at 50yrds all day long. so if putting a nice scope and a good paint job, and bi-pod on it is overboard then im guilty too
smirk.gif

i was expecting you to say you put $1200 in smith work into it or something. around here, what you did was the basic tip of the iceberg stuff. ask again when you have $1000 in optics and smith work on a rifle that retails for $300.