• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have we reached the point of diminishing returns for chassis systems ?

Jaxdialation

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2011
Colorado
I has been a while since I counted, but it seems to me that we have more than a dozen chassis systems available for Rem 700 clones.
While I appreciate all of the choices we have, I'm honestly wondering what's the point of any new entrants in the marketplace.
But low and behold, there is another. I wish all of these companies all the best of luck, but really I'm starting to wonder if the main
driver of these new systems isn't the ease of design and build, as opposed to any significant advancement in features, functions or
price point?

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...64-awt-long-range-precision-chassis-lrpc.html

I haven't really found a chassis system that I am totally in love with yet.

I really like the AICS AX chassis but I don't like the buttstock. It just doesn't appeal to me. If it had the buttstock of the PSR that would be the chassis I get especially if they kept it at the same price point. Which I doubt they would do.

I like the XLR chassis system but again the buttstock just doesn't appeal to me.

I think I like the Cadence Strike series chassis the best. I even like the buttstock on it. But I'm not sure that it's worth the extra money over the AICS AX chassis unless money was no object. The Cadence Strike series would be the hands down winner for me right now if it was at the AX price point.

Course all I can do is look and dream anyway since I can't afford to build a custom rifle right now anyways. Who knows, maybe in the future I will be able to but right its just a pipe dream for me. All just have to deal with drooling over everyone elses builds.

Never hurts to have options, the same could be said for the number of 700 clones out there but everyone has their preference. It's better than no options at all.

I had this exact dilemma a few weeks ago when I was trying to decide what chassis system to go with. I don't like the look of the overly skeletonized or minimalist stocks of some systems (XLR, AWT above, etc.). I want a rifle with some "beef" to it and i'm willing to lug around a few pounds, though by no means want to be carrying a cinder block. Call me crazy but I also don't care for the "unfinished" look of the AW/AICS fore ends. I had been leaning strongly towards the AX. I love the look of the PSR and the RACS but the lack of availability and rumored astronomical prices ($4000??) mean these are more of a pipe dream than anything else. So I opted for the Dual Strike as a good compromise. It's not cheap by any means but has a look I like -- similar to the PSR and RACS -- and is available today. A custom rifle is NOT going to be cheap but a good chassis system should last a very long time -- at least a few barrel changes and other upgrades -- so over time that $2100 seems more palatable.

I haven't really found a chassis system that I am totally in love with yet.

I really like the AICS AX chassis but I don't like the buttstock. It just doesn't appeal to me. If it had the buttstock of the PSR that would be the chassis I get especially if they kept it at the same price point. Which I doubt they would do.

I like the XLR chassis system but again the buttstock just doesn't appeal to me.

I think I like the Cadence Strike series chassis the best. I even like the buttstock on it. But I'm not sure that it's worth the extra money over the AICS AX chassis unless money was no object. The Cadence Strike series would be the hands down winner for me right now if it was at the AX price point.

Course all I can do is look and dream anyway since I can't afford to build a custom rifle right now anyways. Who knows, maybe in the future I will be able to but right its just a pipe dream for me. All just have to deal with drooling over everyone elses builds.