• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have you ever converted any old trapping tactics into early

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
warning devices? A few of us were talking about this and tried a few things to test them out. We then added a few trip wire trinkets from days of old which really upped the results.

Anyone else tinkering around when this kind of thing?

warning devices? A few of us were talking about this and tried a few things to test them out. We then added a few trip wire trinkets from days of old which really upped the results.

Anyone else tinkering around when this kind of thing?
Pictures ?

Did a ton of trapping as a kid. It would be unpleasant for sure
Trapping was what many of us kids live for, during our younger years. It was a way to make good money as well as learn to how too out smart your target. Some of the targets were way more clever than we gave them credit for at first. Tricks learned via trial & error, paid off down the road & thru the years, though.

Reactions: Balor
OIP (1).jpeg

^ They make one that just use shotgun primers as well. I have one somewhere, I wish I knew where. lol
Any old novelty grenade will hold a 209 primer.

You can usually buy the ones your referring at gun shows pretty cheap as well. They are long stick looking pieces that go in the ground right? Like a tent stake kinda

I wouldn't know, I don't go to gun shows.

I had to open my desk drawer to check. Looks like some work with a drill would be required.

0.jpg

Had a connabear slam shut on my arm when I was 11. Hurt like a !@$$%^
Must have been a lucky day for you even with a smaller conibear.

We caught a barn owl once, dad threw his flannel over it and we took it back to our barn. It stayed there as long as I can remember. It made it ok with one gimp leg. It’s amazing how a trap can mess something up so bad one time, and not the next.

Even fishing line and some small pet size bells work if talking about a camp site for ersatz concertina.

As do punji sticks, nail boards, & treble hook slings. Be they from below or above.

One is slightly explainable in a society where we still have law and litigation. The others are only capable of being used when society collapses. I'm all about the ones you have listed, but I won't be building any in the near foreseeable future.

I'm pretty sure putting a punji pit outside your tent at your KOA campground this summer would be greatly frowned upon 😄.

I have a cattle panel fence around my feeder. There is an ould barb wire fence around it. The hogs push under the fence and push on the cattle panel and bend it to hell. We put a few bells on the barbed wire and cattle panel. I sat in a chair about 20 yards away behind some brush and watched the field. I heard the bell ring and started smiling. Turned on the red light on the 12 gauge, stood up real slow when I heard the chomping start. Turned around and took about 4 or 5 steps to get a clear shot. 15 pellet 00 buck to the head. I like the bells, they work great.

Reactions: Keith E.