• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have you received a random package of seeds in the mail?

Modern Farmer take on it. Might be a scam... might be invasive.

I trust Modern Farmer a lot more than Epoch Times, even if do like reading ET stories.

Sirhr

Reactions: supercorndogs
There are tons and tons of seeds that come to the US from China. If they wanted to inject unwanted plants into the US they would just put them in the large containers with other agriculture products. I would turn any mystery seeds over to the authorities. I have many native weeds that produce seeds that can survive fire and herbicides... For one: Hoary alyssum

Hobo

Reactions: supercorndogs
BURN THEM!!!!

If trashed; they'll just take root in the landfill.

Biowarfare.

Do not burn them.
Burning could release seed spores within the pods just like some pine cones.

Local authorities are collecting them for analysis.

This is probably one of the only times you'll hear me say let the government handle this.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

Modern Farmer take on it. Might be a scam... might be invasive.

I trust Modern Farmer a lot more than Epoch Times, even if do like reading ET stories.

Sirhr

Orange seeds in that picture, and sunflower seeds in the other article.

Didn't get any seeds but couple months ago during the lockdown i got a random roll of tp sent from China. Was weird.

I think the tinfoil is unneeded for this.

I'm 'hearing' it's a shipping scam and not to the receivers of the seeds. They create thousands of shipping labels and send out these seeds, cheap to ship, labeled oddly like "bananas". This is to create a paper trail of "shipments" to bolster their business claims of "shipments sent" and have a legitimate paper trail to back up their own manifests.

I'm 'hearing' it's a shipping scam and not to the receivers of the seeds. They create thousands of shipping labels and send out these seeds, cheap to ship, labeled oddly like "bananas". This is to create a paper trail of "shipments" to bolster their business claims of "shipments sent" and have a legitimate paper trail to back up their own manifests.

Dang....them Chi-Coms are sneaky little sons.....
I'm amazed American companies haven't thought of doing this.

Here’s a new article by Fox News that says it’s part of a massive marketing “Brushing” scheme, though they have yet to figure out fir whom or why. “Brushing” involves sending inexpensive products (seeds are cheap and inexpensive to send) that are marked,labeled and invoiced as some other product. Then the shipping address of record and invoice are used as a basis to create false positive reviews for products to boost their listing status.

Here’s the article:

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Still, I am glad the USDA jumped on this like a spider on a fly that just ran into it's web... If it were an invasive species of noxious weed that is intended to fuck with our food supply and agricultural land, the consequences can be grave...

I seen a post on Facebook about this and the number of people in the comments section who claimed to regularly buy seeds off wish.com was crazy.

Here’s a new article by Fox News that says it’s part of a massive marketing “Brushing” scheme, though they have yet to figure out fir whom or why. “Brushing” involves sending inexpensive products (seeds are cheap and inexpensive to send) that are marked,labeled and invoiced as some other product. Then the shipping address of record and invoice are used as a basis to create false positive reviews for products to boost their listing status.

Here’s the article:

Oh China, you so funny...
anim_lol.gif

Now on standby for emails from 'Qing Dynasty heirs' or 'Dalai Lama apprentices on the run' stating that they have chosen YOU to be the recipient of $2,000,000 USD and all you need to do is give them your bank info...

Reactions: lash
It will cost us more to collect and test the seeds than it costs them to send them to us, it is like the Star Wars program of micro-transactions!

the question i would ask... how are seeds getting past US boarder mail screening?

maybe drug cartels need to send their poison through the mail since seeds can get through.

but still, how does it get past boarder control?

this is the order i suspect normal things happen in...

1. person takes item to post office
2. gets picked up from post office and is sent to dispatch facility
3. dispatch facility sends item via air or water to destination country
4. destination countries facility along with their customs and imports personnel scan items coming into country
5. shonky items get put aside for more investigation

it seems that simple yet shit still gets through, how? bribes can only get you a ride from point A to point B. even if one bribes a single boarder/customs/import person, how are they to know what to look out with thousands of parcels and letters coming and going every hour?
i could understand a few items but "if" there has been a huge influx of seeds through the mail as the media reports it, why aren't people losing their jobs that they're so bad at doing working boarders and mail rooms? yes i know how secure mail facilities are at the major airport i work at even though i'm not in the mail centre. the sniffer dogs need to get sacked also 😂

now if china exports fentanyl to the US, it would be to big pharma in the US. there are a lot of drugs made in china for the world, so we understand that. with drugs and high value items, yes i deal with a lot of high value items, there is more security around that when the items are being handled. we all know whats coming and going when it comes to high value items.

one must learn from ones mistakes as a child so i question everything i am told whether it be by media or anyone, that's just me being old and cautious not to jump on the same bandwagon of belief without evidence and how did it happen with the amount of security around airports :)

Last edited:
I received a box, from someone i had never ordered from, out of china and it was empty. Bout 3 years ago.

funny if they did send you a 70 year old woman to cook for you while reprogramming you late at night while you slept 3 days later you could be like Tom Tuttle from Tacoma Washington you can do it ....

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Last I heard only ~5% of shipping containers coming into the US were even physically inspected. Who knows how complete those inspections are: if the manifest says electronics and the fist 100 boxes look like TVs, I doubt customs is going to open everything. Similarly with the millions of mail packages inbound from sites like Wish, inspection becomes nearly impossible.

On the financial note, Chinese companies are famous for cooking the books (careful investing there, they don’t have good GAAP practices). For example they recently turned 4 Billion of gold into copper... oops. https://www.afr.com/markets/commodi...-of-loans-backed-by-fake-gold-20200705-p55938

Reactions: lash