• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

haveing some issues... need opinions

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
not really sure what to do here and would like some help. I have a surefire 660 light, it seems kind of big and long on my usc/ump and when i pluged the pressure switch in that also seems like its about 2 inches to long. now i cannot velcro it in place because i need to mill the cooling slots in the front of the receiver and then dye the receiver black, then i can stick the velcro on and velcro the pressure switch in place.

I though about going with the surefire m910 i can have my grip and light all in one and i can get ride of the two side rails but to be honest iam not really sure i like a vertical grip i used one once on my usc/ump and ehh i was 50/50 on it

what are your thoughs ? i dont want alot of bulk on the front of this i dont need huge lights,lasers,grips, bipods and all that mall ninja crap

IMG_0021-3.jpg

IMG_0022-3.jpg

Re: haveing some issues... need opinions

to each his own...but without a front forgrip...id skip the pressure switch all together but i dont think the light is too long anyway. the barrel on the other hand, looks a bit long for my taste. I'd chop it and get a suppressor myself.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to each his own...but without a front forgrip...id skip the pressure switch all together but i dont think the light is too long anyway. the barrel on the other hand, looks a bit long for my taste. I'd chop it and get a suppressor myself.
smile.gif
</div></div>

an hk ump barrel is in the mail lol dont worrie about that. i though about ditching the pressure switch but then it would be hard to turn on and off, i though about moveing the light to the left side since i wrap my hand around the mag well but then the light is really close to the charging handle and i scrap my hands on it when charging the weapon.

Surefire X300/X400. They even make a nice little pressure pad for it if you don't feel like using the switch on the back of it.

i though about that as well i would like a surefire scout dont get me wrong but i got a really good deal on the 660

personally, i like to have my lights/lasers on the bottom rail. Lasers FOR SURE...but lights as well. If you put the light on the bottom, you could move it as far forward as your new barrel will go, back it off a 1/2 inch so you dont get any muzzle blast on it, and then see if your hand still fits comfortably on the mag well.

just a thought.

yes i also though of that but i would have to pt the light on a qd base cause i plan on getting a 9" spikes 37mm launcher and putting it on a qd base and mounting it to the bottem every once in a while