• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Having a huge brain fart...

kujo1016

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2008
Idaho
Hey all, as Im sitting here at work, i started thinking about going shooting afterwards and finding a new place to go to zero in at 300, thats besides the point. I started then thinking about path of the bullet and adjustments, and I feel stupid, but i cannot for the life of me remember for sure how to adjust for distance. Lets say Im using PRVI Partizan .308 match hpbt. From my ballistics chart, i see that at 800 yards the bullet will drop 237.7 inches, lets call it 240 ***for simplification***. Does that mean that I would adjust impact up 30 moa? ( 1 moa= 1" @ 100 yds, 1 moa= 8" @ 800 yds- 240/8=30) I am so pissed that I am having such a dumb moment, but any help would be awesome before i drive myself nuts!! Thanks-
Kujo

Re: Having a huge brain fart...

KuJo,

You should calculate the Come UP in MOA from the computed <span style="font-weight: bold">PATH</span>, not the <span style="font-weight: bold">DROP</span>. Path is the actual <span style="font-weight: bold">flight Path</span> of the bullet over distance whereas <span style="font-weight: bold">Drop</span> is the amount the bullet would drop from horizontal over distance

You Need:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Target Range</span> in Yards
<span style="font-weight: bold">Zero Range</span> in Yards
<span style="font-weight: bold">Path</span> in Inches

Come Up in MOA=((Path/1.047)/(Target Range/Zero Range))

I keep this on my PDA in an Excel sheet just in case.

HTH