• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Having a little problem...

Blake Bunch

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
I got my brand new rifle back from the smith and I’m having a little trouble. Wife bought me a trigger so I installed it instead of him. The rifle is a surgeon 591 short action in a McMillan A5. I put the timney 2 stage Calvin elite on it and when I rack the bolt it’s fine but after I press the trigger and drop the firing pin, the bolt is super hard to cam open. Like ridiculously hard. It doesn’t do this with a stock 700 trigger but I tried my buddy’s timney (same exact trigger) and got the same result. He tried both in his stock 700 and they work fine. Also, it does this whether it’s in or out of the stock. Am I missing something? Help! This stock trigger blows!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue with a 1 stage CE on my Surgeon. Beanland did something and it was better. And it's worked in really nice now. I'd love to know if there's an inherent issue with surgeon plus timney. A buddy is having light primer strikes with his surgeon and regular timney 510, guess there's a longer sear specifically for surgeons or something but that's not the same as your issue. I'd call Timney tomorrow, they're very helpful.

I had a similar issue with my mcm a5 and a calvin elite with a flat shoe. For me it was just a sear engagement issue, and only with a standard remington action. Not sure if thats what yours is doing, but it could be a good place to look.

Same thing happened with a 1903 I had with the stock and Timney trigger. For my it was a sear engagement and bolt issue. I polished the camming action of the bolt and sear and it fixed it.

IÂ’ll give it a shot. Timney said it was overtravel. I adjusted that but no dice. Also tried the sear engagement to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk