• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hawkins BDL and Standard Mag Box

fe1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2006
East Texas
Can someone please explain why the Hawkins BDL SA floor plate won’t work with a standard 308 size magazine box?

Last edited:
maybe there's a reason they arent in business anymore?

some research shows they fit and are just junk and other shows they need minor tweaking which isnt uncommon with factory stocks and cheaper products

you need to make sure it's the right size for what inlet you're putting it in though

better yet use an M5 inlet and hawkins bottom metal

I’m sorry I meant to say Hawkins not Williams.
Hawkins says the action must be inletted for a Wyatts Extended magazine box is why I ask.
I want to change from the drop box to a floor plate is why I asked.

Reactions: b6graham
OP, im confused. Which hawkins floorplate do you have? The oberdorf should work with a std remington bdl box. If its the model thats fits an M5 inlet, then u have to use a wyatts box and the action needs to be cut for it.

Currently I have the M5 drop box Un cut Surgeon 591 SA 6.5x47 L that has not had the ear cut in bottom. So after research I’ve found the Hawkins Tracker model for the M5 inlet is what’s needed for a un cut 700 foot print receiver that doesn’t use the Extended Wyatts mag box.
Hope that makes sense