• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hawks Ridge 1st Annual Night Match

300ack

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
Wilkes County N.C.
We will have a IBS 1000 yard match on Saturday July 20. The first match will start at 9:00 Saturday morning,we will cook chicken halves shortly thereafter,and another 1000 yard match under the lights with registration ending for it at 6:00 pm. If you have never shot at 1000 yards in the dark or had Hawks Ridge World Famous Pit Cooked chicken you don't know what you are missing. So dig those long range guns out for a day of fun!

300ACK

Last edited:
Are you guys planning on any non-bench rest shoots at that distance? Always looking for another spot to come shoot here in NC. Plus the BBQ sounds good

I'll piggyback on Bransons comments....................................

Has Mike or Brandon or any of the guys at Hawks Ridge ever considered doing a non-benchrest, tactical style, steel target match?

Does the facility accomodate any distance other than 1000?

Tell you what, you guys think about doing a tactical style match and I will volunteer to help design the stages, set the steel and whatever else it takes. I have quite a few AR500 steel targets we can use as well.

A couple tactical matches a year would be a great addition to Hawks Ridge's offering for the non-benchrest crowd. Build it and they will come.

SR

Between Apache and myself there are 20 total pieces of steel right now. I will volunteer my 10 pieces if we have a match. I have no interest in shooting paper. I shot at Hawk's Ridge from 97-99. Wouldn't mind coming back if we are gonna shoot from the ground.

I can assure you the chicken Mike cooks is some of the best, if not THE best in the land.

We will discuss your proposals between the matches on Saturday. It only costs 50 dollars to join the range for a year.We have several steel targets at 500 yards and a couple at 1050 yards that members shoot at. Stages could start at 450 yards to about 700 then back at 900 to about 1100 yards. Feel free to contact Junior Frye-President at 828-446-0989 or Brandon McNeil at 336-984-6281. Any thing to support the shooting sports we are all in!

Wait wait wait......there's steel at 500yds???????? I'm right down the road in Granite falls...and I will join THIS weekend if this is true! I also have some ar500 I could donate

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I'll echo Branson, Apache, and Armor's offer to help. I have five pieces of AR500 steel sitting idle (1-10", 4-8"). I'll also donate pulled pork if we can get a tactical style match going. They all can vouch for my BBQ. :)

Thanks 300ack. 'Sounds encouraging. Good to hear there are potential distances other than 1K. Good luck at the match this weekend and if you get any feedback from Brandon or Junior please PM me and let me know. I will give them a call as well and discuss the possibilities. I want to assure you and the folks at Hawks Ridge that any potential tactical style match we can hold on their property would be done in a safe and courteous manner with the utmost respect to people and property and 100% with their guidance. I might try and make it up there Saturday morning. SR

Thanks 300ack. 'Sounds encouraging. Good to hear there are potential distances other than 1K. Good luck at the match this weekend and if you get any feedback from Brandon or Junior please PM me and let me know. I will give them a call as well and discuss the possibilities. I want to assure you and the folks at Hawks Ridge that any potential tactical style match we can hold on their property would be done in a safe and courteous manner with the utmost respect to people and property and 100% with their guidance. I might try and make it up there Saturday morning. SR

Apache

let me know how it goes I can for sure bring steel as well and it is always good to have another venue. We are geared up for a hot day at the farm for the match tomorrow or I would offer to tag along Sat morning. That is a great rate for membership as long as my tactical gear can be used. CFO (alias wife) would likely kill me if I added another shooting discipline