• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hay Field

Thanks for the info guys, a lot to digest and research further. The hay field isn't massive (non industrial), only 50 acres.

I'm going to add some lime to see if that helps a little bit.
Lime will help, but you still need your soil tested so you know how much.

One natural way is to burn the field. It will burn up the seeds from the weeds and help to keep your weed problem down. The grass will grow back.

And that is before you start looking at the machines. The fucking bailer that always has issues, the tractors to cut, rake, and load the bails on the trailer, the truck to haul it to wherever. Then unload. This is not a one man job as well, or at least it is best if it is not.

I don't see how they can do it now with the fuel costs so high. So glad I don't anymore.
And lets not forget all that ‘quality’ time you get to spend with your wife in hayfield!!😂😂
Hay is EXPENSIVE!! The only way I justify it is because I am payed out. Sure would like a new 12’ mower but can live without one

Newbie lesson #1: Make sure you have food in your stomach before baling.
Newbie lesson #2: leather gloves not cloth.
Newbie lesson #3: move plant foot before turning body (this fucked my day up real good today).
Newbie lesson #4: Have benadryl on hand.
20230906_161923.jpg

Gramoxone (Paraquat) -💀 last Resort it's Dangerous ☠️ for licensed applicators only, or a good sharp hoe :)
I have a commercial applicator's license. But not the paraquat specific training. Never needed to use it. My buddy in TX uses it some on cotton. It works. And it will work on you if you are not careful. My question was really rhetorical.

Newbie lesson #1: Make sure you have food in your stomach before baling.
Newbie lesson #2: leather gloves not cloth.
Newbie lesson #3: move plant foot before turning body (this fucked my day up real good today).
Newbie lesson #4: Have benadryl on hand.View attachment 8221445
Back whenI was barely a teenager we would throw square, and round bales all day long for 1 cent a bale............on a good day you could make $100.00.........a long day. If you were putting up wire tied bales you could wear out a new pair of leather gloves in a day, twine tied, and round bales not so bad.........

Back whenI was barely a teenager we would throw square, and round bales all day long for 1 cent a bale............on a good day you could make $100.00.........a long day. If you were putting up wire tied bales you could wear out a new pair of leather gloves in a day, twine tied, and round bales not so bad.........

Yea, these are just the little 40-50lb rectangular bales. It didn't use to be this bad when I was in my twenties. Now it's a race to see what I can tweak next....winner this go around was my right knee. The cloth glove got ripped up fast even with the twine tied bales. Leather should hold up....side note...holy shit is good twine expensive.