• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

hbn making my barrel black????

magman687

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2010
ohio
hey all sorry its been so long since ive been here but i needed to ask u all somthing................who wants tacos?

lol anyways what i really wanted to do is run somthing by you so here goes.

ive been useing hbn for about 180-200 rounds now in a brand new barrel so i cleaned it lastnight and even though my patches come out 100% clean my bore is still black as night is that just the hbn embeded in my barrel and turned black from fireing it? or is there a real bad carbon issue im having

i used kg12 then used patch out wipe out with accelerater

shoots like a dream so i know i shouldnt worry but i am wondering what it is and if i should be concerned.

thanks all
laugh.gif

edit: i put this here do to i coated the bullets and reloaded them and thought maybe someone else here might reload using hbn bullets aswell and wanted your input
laugh.gif

Re: hbn making my barrel black????

anyone even know if that sounds like a bad thing or if it is reasonable to think it would just be the hbn that embeded into the barrel turning black do to carbon staining it?

That is the HbN burnished into the bore from firings, it does not build up like moly so if your patches are clean call it a day.

ok all i wanted to hear lol thanks abunch guys
laugh.gif

After 2000+ rounds of Hbn coated bullets I have never experienced any "black" in the barrel.

but...if it shoots...

Well that's odd my friend just started shooting them in his m40 so after he gets a cpl hundered rounds through it and see how his bore looks.

Hexagonal Boran nitrate
its like moly coating only said to be a little better in some ways.