• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HDC and the Mcree's Precision BR10

HuDisCo

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Calera, AL
www.hudisco.com
HDC is excited to announce being chosen as a depot center for the Mcree's Precision BR10 rifle system.

We've wanted to offer a precision rifle system for a long time, but have been a little picky in choosing who to team up with. Scott Mcree has really put together something awesome in the BR10.

From the Mcree's Precision website:
"The system utilizes your existing *Remington* style action. The BR10 is designed in 2 parts, very similar to an AR. It has an upper portion and a lower portion. The "Upper", barreled action assembly is all concentric, assembled as a unit. The "lower", stock portion, serves as an interface to the operator. The "lower" houses the 'Mag Well', 'Cant Indicator' and a 'Pic Rail' for connecting to a 'Tripod'. We use CBI barrels that are proprietary to us, from the crown to the breach. We use Yankee Hill Forearm tubes. We can provide and install a Timney Trigger if that option is chosen."

We did a lot of research and customer interviews before picking up this line. The feedback we've received has been excellent.

Here's a few of my personal thoughts about the system and the main reasons why we decided to pick it up:

Chassis:

The recoil impulse is completely linear. Most of the time, this allows the shooter to spot his own shots. I mention this first because it's the most important thing I look for in a chassis or stock. I've had rifles that flexed at the wrist and jumped off the ground every time they were shot... None of that here. The fit and finish is awesome and the ergonomics are great; no sharp edges and doesn't feel overly "metallic" (this is a difficult quality to articulate, but it's been a huge turn off for me regarding other aluminum chassis). The system has an overall feeling of compact-ness that I really like. The normal features are there that you expect regarding adjustability, modularity, commonly available magazines, plenty of attachment points, etc.

Barrel:

I really like the barrels that the system includes. Scott has tweaked the geometry so that all of them consistently give a noticeable advantage in velocity over other barrels of the same length. Accuracy is exactly what you'd expect from a precision rifle and they clean really easily.

I could fill up a page going on about it. I think instead I'll post up some pictures. Please reach out to us with any questions you might have. 205-690-8470 or [email protected]. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best regards,

Nathan Hunt

Mcree's BR10 page: Mcree's Precision - Precision Bolt Action Rifle Kits

xanqrc.jpg

1249cb6.jpg

i59gg8.jpg

femmi9.jpg

31621vm.jpg

295g8bd.jpg

That looks pretty slick, I'll be interested to see how the top and bottom are joined together. Might have to give one a run.

The upper and lower bolt together using the action screws. That fact with the folding stock means that this would make an awesome back pack rig...

May be time to think about making an HDC WindowShopper with a 16" barrel... :D

Nice upgrade in the looks department from the "standard" McRee chassis, I'm thankful for that. Are there any other designed benefits over the standard McRee chassis? I'm liking what I see so far.

t

TJ,

I really like the BR10 because it is a complete system. All that it needs is the action. Because of this and the depot assembly, it really is a different animal all together. Here are some things I like about it over more conventional approaches.

The tube forend allows the barrel to be really close to the bipod. This keeps the center of gravity low and makes for a stable platform.

The barrel nut is the recoil lug in this system and it also provides the attachment point for the forend. This provides complete concentricity, eliminates a lot of parts, cuts weight, and provides a ridiculous amount of strength.

The upper and lower can be separated and reassembled with great consistency. So you could, conceivably, fold it up and break it down for a really compact package.

The execution is awesome. I mentioned the fit and finish before, but, in the typical form follows function rule, it’s a great looking rifle.

The G5 and G7 are great if you’re not a fan of a wrap around forend and/or you want to put your own stuff together. They’re both such different approaches that it’s difficult to make any comparisons.

Thanks,

Nathan

Last edited:
Thank you Nathan, I was a bit behind the curve on the BR10. This sounds very interesting. Is it going to stay short action or will there be a long action coming?

t

We can already do a 300wm, but I think that's our only long action option at the moment...

Give us a call if youre looking for something else. We'll be glad to look into it.

First Hensodt and now rifle systems...NICE!
HDC is a verteran disabled owned company, first supplying ultra premium optics and now expanding to premium precision rifle systems.
HDC and Mcree's precision are partnered in building precision rifle systems without the wait.
The BR-10, from Mcree's precision is a system designed to utilize your existing remington 700 action/clone, and turn it into a complete rifle system ( chassis, trigger, scope rail, match grade chamber, barrel) capable of accuracy beyond shooter capability.
HDC as an authorized depot build center, vetted and Traiined by Scott McRee, will be able to produce turnaround times unprecedented in the industry. Wait times will be slashed from months if not more, to weeks.
McRee knows precision rifle engineering, and partnering with HDC provides a fast turn around build time to the discerning shooter.
Please drop HDC a line, or McRees precision for further information.

After some thought about this, we'd like to build these up to sell as complete competition and field ready rifles. What would everyone like to see as far as the action goes? Has to stay 700 pattern, but what features would everyone like to see?

For pure bad-assery, I'd have to say either Defiance Deviant or the Bighorn. To cut the cost down without sacrifice, Stiller Tac 30?

Out of curiousity, is this available in "backwards".... I'm sure anxious Southpaws want to know (me).

t

For pure bad-assery, I'd have to say either Defiance Deviant or the Bighorn. To cut the cost down without sacrifice, Stiller Tac 30?

Out of curiousity, is this available in "backwards".... I'm sure anxious Southpaws want to know (me).

t

Just got confirmation that left handed versions are available.

I really like the defiance actions and think that would be perfect.

I actually took a look at this a month ago and all the parts and labor would work out to be $3500 rifles.

Would there be interest if we went down that route? If you guys want them, we'll build them.

That's right in there with a lot of custom rigs. Where does price come in if the customer supplies the action?

t