• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s He went to Jared

Well, they're a private company and entitled to their policies. That's one of the beauties of freedom.

That said, now every potential strong-arm robber knows that there will be no armed citizen inside a Jared store. Game on, cupcakes! Don't come crying to me when your store gets looted by gun-totin' thugs who ALWAYS respect such signs.

Of course, what robber would bother with the crap third-rate industrial gems that Jared sells... Just 'sayin.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Funny....I walked into a jewelry store with the owner open carrying a nice 1911. Afterwards I was thinking, usually thieves that rob jewelry stores first scope them out and most of them, though desperate, do not want to meet resistance while robbing. What are the chances he'll be robbed compared to Jareds....especially with a sign like that stuck on his window. Now you dd the right thing by walking away.....not only because it offended you but because the chances of being caught in an altercation would be much higher in a store like that.

Funny....I walked into a jewelry store with the owner open carrying a nice 1911. Afterwards I was thinking, usually thieves that rob jewelry stores first scope them out and most of them, though desperate, do not want to meet resistance while robbing. What are the chances he'll be robbed compared to Jareds....especially with a sign like that stuck on his window. Now you dd the right thing by walking away.....not only because it offended you but because the chances of being caught in an altercation would be much higher in a store like that.

Good point. When I was driving through El Salvador I stopped at a small bank way up in a mountain village. All the bank officers had open carry semi auto pistols strapped to their hips. Didn't see a bank robber anywhere..

I was already willing to boycott Jared's after watching the sappy commercials on T.V., this just helped push me over the edge....not that I needed anything from Jareds anyway.

diamonds.gif

To the OP. First of all you should be looking into smaller mom and pop jewelry stores that won't ass rape you. Jareds doesn't have anything that is exceptional and when looking for jewelry I found them to be overpriced, although they do serve you lemonade while shopping so I guess that's worth a half a thousand. Secondly, I understand both sides of the argument here. If it is someone's desire to not have fireamrs on thier property it is disrespectful to do so. On the other hand I'm respectful about 95% of the time and nobodys perfect. Whatever one decides to do there really isn't a good reason to argue about it here, We're all in the same boat and we should remember that.

The State of Mississippi issued Concealed Carry Permit restricts carrying in, I think, 17 named places. One of those included churches and places of worship, but they amended that out of the code when they widened the castle doctrine several years ago. Mississippi also has an Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit that reduces those restricted places down to four.
1. Federally Prohibited Places
2. Court Rooms during a proceeding
3. Places of nuisance
4. LEO Offices, Building, etc.
The State has issued a Permit to enter past that notice into the place of business as an "invitee" with a concealed weapon and turn a 180 back into public without a single f8ck being given. It says you can go into your baby girls classroom with a high capacity clip magazine bullet holder in a gun under your vest and pick her up from school when she gets sick. Hey, you want to go to a college baseball game with a Glock in your pocket?
The State just passed an open carry law effective July 1, 2013 for those that may not meet the standard for the CWP. I don't think everyone has the memo on that one, yet. I'm waiting to see how this will pan out.

No shirt, No shoes, No service.

From the article above.
"The "keystone," or markup, on a diamond and its setting may range from 100 to 200 percent"

I stopped reading at that point, actually I couldn't read because I was laughing too hard.

The first few paragraphs have asprinkling of facts mixed in with a ton of BS. And I can assure you that any jewelers making 100-200% on their diamonds went out of business about thirty years ago.

He is right though that if you buy a diamond thinking you are going to sell it in the future and make money, you're kidding yourself.

Since your from Colorado - check out RMGO's site which specifically attempts another way around this issue - and attempts to change the vendors mind...

Reported Merchants

Specifically the "No Guns No Money [ Materials Decals, Brochures & More - Colorado's No-Compromise Gun Rights Organization - Rocky Mountain Gun Owners ]" cards the provide to members to leave with the facility that decided to post signs prohibiting guns. It is a quick and easy way to let the place know they are losing business since they are prohibiting guns. If you give them the card, it tells the store that you came to buy something but left without buying anything because of their political policies. This is better than just leaving - since they don't hear about it, or calling later which likely goes to someone administrative who may not be able to do anything.

Since your from Colorado - check out RMGO's site which specifically attempts another way around this issue - and attempts to change the vendors mind...

Reported Merchants

Specifically the "No Guns No Money [ Materials Decals, Brochures & More - Colorado's No-Compromise Gun Rights Organization - Rocky Mountain Gun Owners ]" cards the provide to members to leave with the facility that decided to post signs prohibiting guns. It is a quick and easy way to let the place know they are losing business since they are prohibiting guns. If you give them the card, it tells the store that you came to buy something but left without buying anything because of their political policies. This is better than just leaving - since they don't hear about it, or calling later which likely goes to someone administrative who may not be able to do anything.

Good idea. Im not going to buy any but should be easy enough to print up on the computer.