• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heads Up: Wolf Match Target .22lr, $4.75

Janus4088

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
San Jose, CA
"20 x 22LR WOLF Match Target, 50rd box. = $95.00"
Thought I would share this deal, I have yet to find it cheaper than this. You have to buy 10 boxes to get that pricing, but with the difficulty I had in even finding any Wolf .22 in stock online, it was well worth it!
J&G Sales

Re: Heads Up: Wolf Match Target .22lr, $4.75

I can readily find CCI MiniMags for $6.99 per 100. I dont see the Wolf as a deal really. Just sayin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can readily find CCI MiniMags for $6.99 per 100. I dont see the Wolf as a deal really. Just sayin. </div></div>

2 different types of ammo.
That's a good deal on the Wolf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can readily find CCI MiniMags for $6.99 per 100. I dont see the Wolf as a deal really. Just sayin. </div></div>

Yeah, I am sure there are plenty of people and plenty of guns that wont see the difference, but me and mine does. I tested Aguila (3 types), CCI (2 types), Eley, Wolf, and various bulk types in my gun at 50. Wolf is worth the price for the difference. While Eley was slightly better it is not worth the price jump, though I plan on doing some matches in the spring I will probably use it for.

When I bought my first round of 500 Wolf I paid $5.75 per box of 50. At $4.75 a box I ordered 1,000 rounds and am thinking I should add a lot more to the order...

I just knew there were members here that shoot wolf, and wanted to share the deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can readily find CCI MiniMags for $6.99 per 100. </div></div>

For the type of shooting that some of us do, CCI MiniMags would not be a deal at $.99 per <span style="text-decoration: underline">case</span>.

that's a preety good deal, thanks for the heads up.

too bad i spent all my christmas cash already
frown.gif

Isn't that Wolf ammo standard velocity? Just curious. I have found that for bench shooting that is some good accurate stuff, but I tend to view the .22 LR ammo that I have in terms of light self-defense, and not so much for just punching paper. I'll just keep loading up on HV CCI and Federal myself.

You are correct though, for that Match Wolf ammo, that is a great price. Cheaper than the local GM sells the stuff for anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longguntoter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't that Wolf ammo standard velocity? </div></div>

It's reliably subsonic. While some "target" ammo at various atmospheric conditions will go supersonic, WMT has never gone 'loud' for me in many many cases of it.

Some folks, understandably, are unaware that Wolf .22 is not the same as Wolf in other calibers. One is Lapua, one isn't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can readily find CCI MiniMags for $6.99 per 100. </div></div>

For the type of shooting that some of us do, CCI MiniMags would not be a deal at $.99 per <span style="text-decoration: underline">case</span>.</div></div>

Whats so bad about Minimags? I thought CCI was usually considered as good stuf? I'm not doing bench rest shooting with my gun, Its just a 522 I shoot for fun and pests but I have had great luck with CCI Velocitors and Stingers in the gun. I also shoot some bulk crap just for fun and cheapness.

That is a great deal if your close to them. They would be charging me $30 shipping which makes it $5.00 more expensive than TargetSports. I only use Wolf MT and CCI Mini-mag in both my .22 rifles.

Most of my good 22 rifles have seemed to favor wolf mt for shooting groups. I have a couple cases of Win superX sub sonic hollow points, it is almost as accurate as the wolf, and hits squirrels a little, actually alot, harder. Really thumps them, and its a little cheaper too, might want to try it if wolf is hard to find.

They got better deals than everybody else on their wolf match extra. Target sports barely beat them on a case of wolf match target.