• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Headshot....Argument for a LPVO???......real life example....

Status
Not open for further replies.
“CQB” is a broad term. It may be a few inches to several yards.

It is the understanding of geometry and perspective to gain angular advantage on your target or putting them at a disadvantage. That simple; room clearing is cqb but not all cqb is room clearing.

Also, if one is doing it ALL through their sights…I have questions about their understanding of actual cqb tactics.

I like the idea of a 3x prism optic with a piggyback red dot. I don't need two 1x options on my gun and a 3x prism is tiny. Switching between the two is hands free. 3x turns 300yds into 100yds and was used successfully on sniper rifles and dmrs all through the 20th century. It's not ideal for everything but nothing is.

You really can't choose what tool you're going to use if or when the time comes. Only thing you can do is be trained or skilled enough to do what is needed at that time. This case was more of a perimeter control situation. The officer opted to increase the magnification which is fine. Iron sights have been used at that distance or greater as in the North Hollywood shootout. Use what you got. I'm glad the kid and the officers made it out fine. A lot of trauma to that poor child.

Yeah, sure. LPVO is my first choice.

I have two flavors and both work great as a red dot and also at longer distances.

It’s not complicated.

Reactions: dms416
Status
Not open for further replies.