• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hearing Protection Headband Cover/Replacement

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
Ok gents,

I tried running a search of the Hide and the net on this but didn't really turn up what I'm looking for (probably my fault as my google-fu has been a little off lately).

My favorite pair of electronic ear protection has unfortunately seen its better days. I was noticing at the range earlier today how bad the headband/cover is beat-up/weathered to the extent that the wires (although covered/shielded themselves) are starting to show through in spots, it is split/cracked, and just generally needs replaced or covered before things get worse.

While I realize that some electrical tape or a similar DIY solution might work (and it may come to that), does anyone know of a source for aftermarket or replacement parts like headband covers for Peltor headsets? I'm not too particular as to appearance/color/camo/etc. as long as the functionality remains the same, and that it isn't too bulky/padded/etc. (i.e. - I don't need the gel-pack/hot or cold insert/etc. stuff I found when searching). I know at one time, someone was offering these sorts of things made of cordura/velcro attachment/etc., but for the life of me, I can't find the @#$% things. I have also seem covers for the Sordins, but does anyone know of the dimensions/size of the Sordin covers so I can figure out if they might work on my headset?

Thanks in advance for any links/thoughts/ideas you can offer.

Re: Hearing Protection Headband Cover/Replacement

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: infantrydude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can try
http://www.octactical.com/HearingProtectionCovers.html </div></div>

Says STOCK: OUT; CONTACT FOR BUILD TIME, so I send them an e-mail. I'll post if I hear back.

Any other options? Hide vendors dealing in something like this? I checked Triad and a couple other places, but didn't see anything in my search.

ORD,

We get the same question quite often. I have a prototype on the desk that just needs to have the sizing confirmed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ORD,

We get the same question quite often. I have a prototype on the desk that just needs to have the sizing confirmed. </div></div>

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate that heads-up very much. Given what I've come to expect from the quality of your other products...maybe I can apply the DIY fix in the interim and wait for your cover to hit the market in the [hopefully] near future.
wink.gif

I'll try to post some basic photos to look at while I wait on pricing and lead time info.

Triad Ear Pro Wrap(TT-EPW)
http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Ear-Pro-Wrap.html

Only difference between these photos and production product is the color of the exposed loop on the top. These photos show a solid tan color on Multicam. The production Multicam ones, will have matching Multicam loop. It will also be offered in Black, Coyote Brown and Ranger Green, which will have matching solid color loop material.

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

They should be in stock in a few weeks, at a cost UNDER $20.00.

Ill post a new thread when I have better info and photos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triad Ear Pro Wrap(TT-EPW)
http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Ear-Pro-Wrap.html

Only difference between these photos and production product is the color of the exposed loop on the top. These photos show a solid tan color on Multicam. The production Multicam ones, will have matching Multicam loop. It will also be offered in Black, Coyote Brown and Ranger Green, which will have matching solid color loop material.

{{SNIP...PHOTO'S REMOVED...SNIP}}

They should be in stock in a few weeks, at a cost UNDER $20.00.

Ill post a new thread when I have better info and photos. </div></div>

Holy crap, Steve!! That looks perfect and is precisely what I was thinking of when I started this thread. You'll definitely have my order once these are in stock (and God knows I probably need a few other things too that I've been holding off on).

Thanks as always for your hard work and your excellent service!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://originalsoegear.com/peltor.html </div></div>

We have seen two other similar products in the past, with the mesh/padding under the strap. We considered this, but did not like the bulk it added to the headband. We found that it raised the ear cups too highs for our liking. YMMV.

The OC Tactical ones are fantastic, the best on the market. That being said, for what it is, get the Triad. Steve is a great businessman and supporter of the site, and while the OC ones have some nice features, it's not worth the wait over getting one from Steve ASAP.

If OC had them in stock in any configuration I'd say go for it, but he's ALWAYS out of stock because he makes them in small batches when he gets around to it. It's an ear pro cover, not some superwhizbangdeathray, and I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with the Triad one. Every piece of Triad gear I've purchased has been awesome.