• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hearing protection poll

What kind of protection do you use?

• Only passive plugs

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Only active plugs

Votes: 29 13.1%
  • Only passive muffs

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Only active muffs

Votes: 44 19.9%
  • Active muffs and passive plugs

Votes: 92 41.6%
  • Active muffs and Active plugs

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Passive muffs and passive plugs

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Passive muffs and active plugs

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
Active Walker muffs with gel pads. Occasionally add passive foam plugs, or just walk away, when the person in the next bay starts with the shorty AR with the brake. They usually dont last longer than a couple mags of it.

This thread makes me realise I should up my ear pro. I did alot of damage with unsuppressed 9s and 45s with no pro, in my youth. Im gonna re-read this thread and start looking at active plugs full time, underneath muffs. The muff seal routinely unseals when I go for the cheek weld.

Reactions: Rob01
Passive and a can works great if alone but get to a match and the brakes will still be loud and why I double up with everything but Rimfire. My Marine Corps tinnitus is the constant reminder.

Yeah, you have to double up at matches.

Reactions: mebgardner
Basically that's what this discussion turns into if you spend time on hunting forums.

There's a Canadian firearm forum that I'm a member of (was banned recently for not thinking WW3 is worth starting over Ukraine :rolleyes:) and a recent thread in the hunting section went more or less like that.

They think that as long as they don't use a muzzle brake, that their hearing will be just fine. Lots of fuddery.

Oh yeah.
I was being facetious.

I have taken a shot here and there hunting sans plugs (no brake, no can.

Now I carry plugs and use them then

I wear plugs when banging on iron in the shop

Reactions: kthomas
I wear electronic plugs and electronic muffs so I can hear good when not shooting and get protection when shooting.
I too have ESP Apex electronic plugs and Walker electronic muffs....and I still can't fucking hear @Lowlight when he's yelling "I said the 800 yard target, Baron23....you mutt!" hahaha

Last edited: