• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing HEATER BODY SUITS...DO THEY WORK???

Centerfire1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2009
Jackson,Tennessee
I'm going to Zone 5 in Iowa for a late season muzzleloader hunt in January 2010. I'm debating on purchasing the Heater Body Suit but I wanted to get your opinion to purchase or not to purchase..Have you used it in cold "Freezing" weather? Let me hear the good bad and ugly...Thanks in advance.

Re: HEATER BODY SUITS...DO THEY WORK???

I would like to know also, I am thinking about buying one for my hunt in Saskatchewan in December.

Hell yes they work!!!

Also something else that WORKS. Purchase a set of Icebreaker boot blankets. Throw a couple of handwarmers in the bootblankets and bring them to the stand. TAKE YOU BOOTS OFF and leave your feet in the boot blankets. YOur feet will stay warmer than any Pac boot will ever do!!

I have been to Saskatchwan 4 times now. The system works!!!

My brother in law cant take the cold he used one and likes it. I personaly think ist a cluster F*$#. to keep your feet warm on stand I've done the same but with felt liners when I where my rubber boots to some stands because of rivers and such.

Cut rifled, your within 30min of me if you want to try my Raven wear when you go to Canada let me know. That shit will keep you warm. Its my warmest camo and I hardley ever use it due to its just too hot.

I don't have any experience with Heater body suits.

I do have some experience with the Icebreaker boot blankets and they truly do work. I hunt Northern Michigan for rifle season. I sit on stand all day. Before I had the Icebreaker's, my feet would be cold in 2-3hrs and made a painful day on stand. With the Icebreaker's, I can sit all day without my feet getting cold.

Heck, they're pretty cheap. Around $50. Last time I looked at the body suits, they were around $300-$400.

Icebreaker boot blankets are on sale at Cabela's 29.99

I already have the icebreaker boot blankets.

C.K what size is the Raven Wear? How did you like the Huber trigger you got on the Group Buy? I live a couple of minutes from Johns shop right by Lakeside Park.

Paul

There 34x32 bibs and the jacket is in between a l and xl. There really no size as you send in our measurements. I'm around 5'10 and 210.

The triggers work great. I was just over a Jon's a couple weeks ago, he needed some saftey offset measurements from a rifle.

C.K.
Which are warmer? The ones where you put your boots in them or the ones where you put just your feet in them without the boots?

I don't know. I just use felt liners and throw a hand warmer in there.

10-4..I purchased the Trans-Alaskan boots from Cabelas which are rated at like -150. They are huge but I can't imagine my feet getting cold in them...IF I EVER make it to or up my stand. I've read a lot about the H/B suits and the guarantee is that if it doesn't work they will give your money back..Guess I'll give one a try. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it I guess.

Be careful when buying boots for cold weather climates, you can get too good a boot and they'll make your feet sweat. Then you’re up a creek.

Listen

I have the Cabelas Saskatchewn Pack boots. They are warm, huge, and uncomfortable. The icereaker bootblankets are small, warm, and comfortable.

I have those same boots, they will serve you well in temps below 10degrees.

I don't understand how those bootblankets would work.? there not going to retain much heat from the outside of your boots in - temp s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't understand how those bootblankets would work.? there not going to retain much heat from the outside of your boots in - temp s. </div></div>

Your feet stay warm bacause the air around your feet is heated from the handwarmers. The freedom to move your feet and toes makes the bootblankets very comfortable. I have hunted with two diffrent outfitters in Canada. All the guides I have hunted with use this system when they hunt. Ravens wear is highly reccomended as well. The heater body suit works good when it gets really cold. One thing is for sure. Your feet have to be warm or your hunt is over!!! Bottblankets are cheap, as well as handwarmers. Buy a set to bring along and try them out. Trust me on this.

Ok, now I got ya. I thought your were just putting these boot blankets over your hunting boots without a heat source. I do the same with felt liners.

I ordered the suit today after checking out the weather around Des Moines Ia...353.40 for the suit, hood and shipping if anyone is interested. They are currently having a sale with 25.00 off each suit. My late season muzzleloader hunt is fastly approaching and I'm sure zone 5 will be friggin cold by January.

Has anyone used one of the suits this season that can assure me on my purchase...

Had my heater suit for 3 years. Hell yes it works. Love it when really really cold.

+1 on the heater packs in shirt pockets, gloves and boot blankets.

Best is one of the those fleece hoodies to keep the head warm too.

Bought one one the bass pro berber lined fleece jacket pants sets and had zippers put on the legs $5 for zipper and $25 for installation. Zippers on pants legs make them so much easier to get off. That is a really warm outfit also

Have a set of the 1000 gram Muck boots that keep my feet toasty most of the time.
BH

Just got back from Saskatchewan and if all of us wouldn't of had heater body suits we would have never made it. They work great and kept me warm in cold,snow and wind.

Paul

Aww dont worry it doesnt get cold here and there arent any deer either!!
smile.gif

That is good to know, AK could potentialy be in my future...

YES THEY WORK !!!! 100% and worth every single penny.

I can now answer my own post. If it had not been for the Cabelas Trans Alaskan II pak boots and the Heater Body Suit I would have literally froze to death. Temp stayed around 15 below zero and wind chill was at 35 below for 3 days but once I climbed onto the lock on stand and got into the suit it was like sitting at home in the recliner. If you hunt anywhere that the temp drops below 25 - 30 you should buy one of the body suits. Wind will not penetrate it and its easily carried on your back. Other hunters were coming out after 2 hours with frozen feet but I sat most of the day except for lunch...Thanks Again Heater Body suits and Cabelas.

xc7nub.jpg

If you layer up right you can stay warm. I use to camp in the snow and have been to -39f.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Centerfire1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YES THEY WORK !!!! 100% and worth every single penny.

I can now answer my own post. If it had not been for the Cabelas Trans Alaskan II pak boots and the Heater Body Suit I would have literally froze to death. Temp stayed around 15 below zero and wind chill was at 35 below for 3 days but once I climbed onto the lock on stand and got into the suit it was like sitting at home in the recliner. If you hunt anywhere that the temp drops below 25 - 30 you should buy one of the body suits. Wind will not penetrate it and its easily carried on your back. Other hunters were coming out after 2 hours with frozen feet but I sat most of the day except for lunch...Thanks Again Heater Body suits and Cabelas.

xc7nub.jpg
</div></div>

Awesome deer... You might have to get vaulted ceilings in order to get that one on the wall