• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heavy metals detox? Bullshit or is this a thing?

I have a disease called hemachromotosis.
Basically iron overload disease.
My body does not excrete the excess iron due to missing a certain chromosome.
Anyways, theres 2 options for therapy. Blood chelating pills. Which is a very in depth and your blood needs to monitored very frequently due t the meds blocking out most of your nutritional intake. And the 2nd easiest option is regular phlebotomies. Which is drawing blood..
Since your iron levels are most likely normal.
I'd suggest you go donate blood as often as you can.
It's basically a free oil change for your body anyways.
An entire chromosome? You're battling more than iron overdose...

And, bloodletting? Really? Didn't we abandon that when the physicians killed George Washington?

An entire chromosome? You're battling more than iron overdose...

And, bloodletting? Really? Didn't we abandon that when the physicians killed George Washington?

Well..so far that's all I have to deal with. Fingers crossed, No other disorders yet!!

And nope. I still do phlebotomies on a regular basis. At the peak of my iron count. I was doing it bi-weekly!!! To reduce the iron levels.. I was extremely saturated.
Now I'm around once every 12 weeks.

Anyways, theres 2 options for therapy. Blood chelating pills. Which is a very in depth and your blood needs to monitored very frequently due t the meds blocking out most of your nutritional intake. And the 2nd easiest option is regular phlebotomies. Which is drawing blood..
Spike free blood is probably good $ too.

I suffered from lead poisoning due to teaching / training at our range. The range was not exactly built right and created a hit zone for everyone using it. We started an instructor rotation keeping people off the range for a week every month and regular lead screening. The students get an exposure but their exposure is transient as they are gone at the end of the course, the instructors are in it daily.
The key to lowering my levels was time away and sweat equity to process out the lead that was in the blood. I’ve been trying minerals and supplements that are supposed to help draw the lead stored in my bones. We will see if it works or just witchcraft.

Reactions: JR_77
No, I don't mean Slayer.

Was listening to a podcast while working out. Was some Teams guys talking and one had brought up how he had a detox for heavy metals at one point and how he initially thought it was bullshit, but then had quite a few long-term health issues almost instantly disappear as well as just noticeably feeling better.

I was waiting for them to mention a product to buy or a commercial to pop up selling you some sort of detox, but when it didn't, I started to give the idea a bit of consideration. Now there's no way for me to know if/how much heavy metal I have hanging around in me, but if it indeed is a thing, I am figuring that from everything I've been in contact with, there's definitely some there. Health problems from it? No idea/don't think so, but now its at least on the radar.

So I googled a bit and really only came across a few 'natural healing' sites mentioning it. This again made me think its BS. Then I came across a legit medical journal report on 'chellation' therapy to remove heavy metals from the body; so ok, its apparently a thing.

I went further into this and all I could find other than the medical therapy for it was a bunch of creams and 'detox shakes' which again, points to this being total bullshit.

Now I'm just curious if this is real and if there is an actual detox for it, or if this is just some dumb shit like essential oils fixing your ailments.

Almost all things promoted as "natural therapy" and usually involving essential oils or extracts or whatnot are scams. There are thousands of these scam products on shelves across the country at any given moment and these things are made in a certain way as to avoid people suing them. They are relatively nontoxic if used in the "recommended doses" printed, but they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to actually treat the conditions they proclaim to treat.

The best way to see if something is a scam or not is this questionnaire:

1. Are hospitals and cutting edge emergency centers using this product?

If yes, may warrant further research. If no, it is BS and does not warrant further thought.

2. Is the product being endorsed by major celebrities and media outlets?

If yes, MAJOR RED FLAG that it is a scam. Most likely a MLM (multi level marketing) pyramid scheme like those "guaranteed to get you rich or the man/woman of your dreams" self help books that are primarily marketed to suburban liberal women who have a lot of free time to pursue stuff like "spirituality" and similar shit.

3. Does the product claim to be a "secret", "once classified" formula that we commoners can now have access to?

If yes, SCAM. If no, refer to above questions.

4. Is the condition that the product claims to treat still affecting a large portion of the population who are struggling with it?

If yes, it is bullshit. For example, if the "simple trick practiced 1-2 times a day that can restore your vision" is legit, wouldn't eye doctors and eyewear manufacturers be going out of business already?

Case in point: THIS is a product that had been advertised across the NY POST and other online news channels as "MUST HAVE NEW MILITARY GRADE SUPER-BRIGHT FLASHLIGHT FOR THE OUTDOORS", sold by the online discount retailer Bommory. 10 minutes of looking for actual customer reviews of "Bommory military flashlight" on Youtube and Google reveals that it is a scam Chinese product that barely puts out 200 lumens, barely enough to light up a home garage at night, much less than the lightsaber effect the CGI guys for this thing had made. Even the most powerful laser excited phosphor lights made by Fenix and Imalent will not produce the ridiculous effect shown on the ad video:

Last edited:
No, I don't mean Slayer.

Was listening to a podcast while working out. Was some Teams guys talking and one had brought up how he had a detox for heavy metals at one point and how he initially thought it was bullshit, but then had quite a few long-term health issues almost instantly disappear as well as just noticeably feeling better.

I was waiting for them to mention a product to buy or a commercial to pop up selling you some sort of detox, but when it didn't, I started to give the idea a bit of consideration. Now there's no way for me to know if/how much heavy metal I have hanging around in me, but if it indeed is a thing, I am figuring that from everything I've been in contact with, there's definitely some there. Health problems from it? No idea/don't think so, but now its at least on the radar.

So I googled a bit and really only came across a few 'natural healing' sites mentioning it. This again made me think its BS. Then I came across a legit medical journal report on 'chellation' therapy to remove heavy metals from the body; so ok, its apparently a thing.

I went further into this and all I could find other than the medical therapy for it was a bunch of creams and 'detox shakes' which again, points to this being total bullshit.

Now I'm just curious if this is real and if there is an actual detox for it, or if this is just some dumb shit like essential oils fixing your ailments.
It really depends on the metal. Each one requires a different mineral to chelate the metals out. And I as I understand it, chellation occurs at ingest, so it bonds with the heavy metal and limits it's absorption by the body. It's the reason that bullshit scare about mercury in tuna fish was, well, bullshit. Tuna have enough selenium to chelate the amounts of mercury that tuna absorb, and we get through consumption. I forget who it was that paid for the "study" (think it was the pork producers consortium IIRC).

As to detox shakes...methinks they're mostly bullshit. If you've already absorbed the heavy metals, it's pretty hard to get them out quickly. At least as far as I know...then again, I enjoy my red wine, so I'm probably pissing out everything good and bad....

Reactions: Bender
Pretty common actually, I worked for a blood center and iron was just one thing we would check before you could donate. Too low or high and you were a no go unless it was for the phlebotomy aspect. Those draws were destroyed of course just like others who were suspicious or their donation cards were marked with a red circle ie; take the blood and tag it to destroy but don't tell the donor. I quit not long after that because I didn't like the secrecy and allowing someone to donate not knowing their blood wasn't ever going to be used. Blood donation is big business $$ but competition in the marketplace creates greed sometimes and backdoor bullshit does happen. Plus some people donate thinking they will be notified of some illness found during testing which is pretty extensive screening. Don't bet on it, you might just get marked as a "red dot" and your blood goes right in the trash. Just hope the place has good practices and ethics. I think chelation does wonders in the right circumstances, but you sure better have an expert in the field or risk getting messed up or dead.

I suffered from lead poisoning due to teaching / training at our range. The range was not exactly built right and created a hit zone for everyone using it. We started an instructor rotation keeping people off the range for a week every month and regular lead screening. The students get an exposure but their exposure is transient as they are gone at the end of the course, the instructors are in it daily.
The key to lowering my levels was time away and sweat equity to process out the lead that was in the blood. I’ve been trying minerals and supplements that are supposed to help draw the lead stored in my bones. We will see if it works or just witchcraft.
Indoor range?

shopping

for your firearm cause even they feel bloated now and then . :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: adubeau
This reminds me of an incident I had years ago.
A patient of the “old hippy, sneaker wearing, dope smoking flower child” type insisted I purify my water systems which I did later. This is for water going through dental drills etc.
I indicated interest. She offered her solution. Like all of that type they never go mainstream and never actually want to do any work. Her solution was a cheap looking but expensive magnet you place on your water pipe. I ask her, if that catches the bad things in water it will soon clog the pipe. She assured me it would not do so. I ask “So, where does the crap go?”
Downhill from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardSukhoi
No, I don't mean Slayer.

It's 100% real. I know the lead guy for the USASOC POTFF program and they are doing it when needed.

Any questions, let me know.

No, I don't mean Slayer.

When you have significant heavy metal showing in blood test you can be treated with IV drugs that turn the metals into insoluble compounds that the kidneys catch. The treatment is stressful, (my friend had it after massive mercury exposure), its done in a hospital setting and they watch your BP etc. The home pills, from what I read, also work. The drug companies hate anything that they don't profit on so smear them. The idea here is you buy a bottle at a supplement store and follow the instructions. These are used briefly then you stop, as they also strip desirable things. I think the chemical concept is called "getting" where you place a compound with an extreme affinity for the target (say lead), then the ionic lead in your gut lining is leached into gut, then more from bloodstream leaches into gut lining. I expect the home pills to be slow, and modestly effective, but real. I was told that shooters pick up lead from primer smoke, which is often lead styphnate. It reacts to form a mist of lead oxide, which your body will absorb. Metallic lead is barely absorbable (bioavailable). Indoor shooting is a risk if unventilated. It makes sense that shooting .22 is a problem in that there is a relativly large amount of primer and a semi auto will present fumes by the face. You can always wear a charcoal filter mask.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton