• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Heckler & koch vp9 handgun detailed photo tour

Centuriator

Dude...you're being very un-Dude.
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2012
Middle 'Merica!
I picked up my HK VP9 on Friday and here is a collection of close up pics of the handgun from various angles, external and internal shots.

20140719_055856_RichtoneHDR_zps7441698c.jpg

20140719_060049_RichtoneHDR_zps32e02a7c.jpg

20140719_060116_RichtoneHDR_zps5e6a4d59.jpg

20140719_060159_zpsd3173ea3.jpg

20140719_060217_RichtoneHDR_zps8d4a42c5.jpg

20140719_060233_zpse2453d2b.jpg

20140719_060255_RichtoneHDR_zps6681a073.jpg

20140719_060322_RichtoneHDR_zps01eda8c9.jpg

20140719_060334_RichtoneHDR_zpsdc40cbb4.jpg

20140719_060428_RichtoneHDR_zpsfaccede1.jpg

Last edited:
CDNN had the commercial version in stock last week and I called to check the price: $600.

I opted for the LE version, comes with three mags and tritium night sights. Paid around $700.

Better prices are available, of course, if you are willing to order and wait.

But yes, this is, by far, the best price point HK has ever offered on a new handgun. Perhaps they are waking up to the reality that if they really want to break into the USA commercial market they have to be competitive on price.

I've got one waiting for me at the local gun shop. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Also, a guy at the IPSC match today was shooting his. He did pretty well(but the VP9 hasn't been added to the "production" list yet, so he was shooting limited division). Sight dovetails are supposedly the same as the HK45s and P30s, so that's a plus.

Thanks for the pics. I dig it.

Never thought I would be a striker fired pistol guy, but my VP9 is a dream to shoot. HK hit the ball out of the park with these - at least IMO. Going straight from the box to the range was a satisfying adventure. I went thru 200 rounds without any mishaps. Never shot a PPQ - but I hear these are comparable. The VP9 has become my favorite range gun! Good purchase Amsdorf!

Thanks for posting the pics! Nice looking pistol. What is the lever for on the right side of the frame? Part of an ambi slide release mechanism?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 15
I picked up my VP9 last week put around 100 rounds through it yesterday shot great. I didn't get the LE version, since I already had a P30 I had a few extra mags for it and I am planning on putting a set of Trijicon HD sights on mine. They say that it is the same dovetail as the P30 ( thank you HK for that).

Nice picture work. I'm really looking forward to checking on of these out. I liked the SIG P320 except for the trigger. I hope the HK really is more like the PPQ.

I can't wait to actually get to try one of these before deciding which 9mm will fill the pistol role for 3 gun or steel matches. If the trigger is what it's cracked up to be, I can see one finding its way home with me.

What is with H&K and that mag release? I could see the point on the P7 where the squeeze cocker prevented a traditional mag release, but why perpetuate this ergonomic oddity?

I picked up my VP9 last week put around 100 rounds through it yesterday shot great. I didn't get the LE version, since I already had a P30 I had a few extra mags for it and I am planning on putting a set of Trijicon HD sights on mine. They say that it is the same dovetail as the P30 ( thank you HK for that).

I run HD's on my P30, they are sweet. I have not taken the HK Stryker fired plunge yet.

What is with H&K and that mag release? I could see the point on the P7 where the squeeze cocker prevented a traditional mag release, but why perpetuate this ergonomic oddity?

Been shooting HK's for 15 years, I love this release and would probably go into severe depression if I had to run the standard "American" style. Once you make friends with it, I use my strong hand index finger, its crazy fast with less grip shift. I have to completely break my grip to manipulate a standard button style release.

I need to get a good evaluation of this one. Does anyone that owns a VP9 have good experience with Walther PPQ as well? I am wondering how VP9 stacks up (real world, not "It's an HK"). THe PPQ trigger is the best striker fired trigger I have shot so far. I would think if the HK can match that it is the true winner.