• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Hell On Wheels

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Anyone watch this on AMC? It's phenomenal IMO. It's like Tombstone meets Banshee. If you like westerns give it ago it's pretty awesome. Somewhat slow start though. It's about a ex-confederate soldier seeking revenge on the men responsible for his family's death during the war.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWx0Gy7FitA

Last edited:
    I always watch it on Netflix. I think the new season just started and I somehow always miss it.

Wasn't into it at first and then halfway through the 1st season I was hooked. The guy that plays Bohannon does an excellent job of 'making' his own character with his own way of doing things, mannerisms and attitude.

Agreed the actor who plays Bohannon is an absolute badass. Definitely has made the character his own, like Bryan Cranston did Walter White. Though I'll say Bryan is a more skilled actor IMHO Anson Mount is very good himself. Sometimes I feel he has to force that MS accent but I've gotten used to it.

Probably the most surprising actor is Common. Granted he is the same in ever thing he acts in it fits here.

The other characters are interesting as well. That said I care about Bohannon more. And much like I was with Walter White I'm on his side regardless of what happens lol.

I'm also watching them on netflix. On season 2 ep. 6. Started my dad on it last Wednesday he's already finished season 2 lol.

I really like the show. Like most shows it has a story line or two in each season that just seems like filler but its one of the only series I make an effort to watch. Anson Mount does a great job. The cinematography is excellent as well.

Yeah i didn't know Anson was from Tennessee that helps a ton IMO. The sets, props, and costume designers really deserve a hand. Even if it were a full production movie they're doing an amazing job.

A lot of people seemed to not like that it strayed from Bohannon's original plot (revenge) which honestly i'm a huge revenge flick guy. But it still doesn't bother me. Though ultimately it's about the railroad.

Good show. Seasons one and two were solid. Season 3 got a little soft. Season 4 a little softer yet. Still much better than most crap on now though.

Season 4 is finally heating up. Bohannon is finally getting back to his gunfighter ways. Love it.

Was a sad episode when Elam came back. Excellent acting.

We'll have to see where this goes. I'm a fan. First show to really get my attention since Deadwood.

I agree that it needs to get moving again. The story and the RR have both kind of stalled at Cheyenne.

Oh, and as to firearms accuracy, in season two I think it is when Bohannan shoots the guy that the Indians have trussed up (ala-Steve McQueen in The Sand Pebbles) he uses a '74 sharps, it didn't come along until well, 1874, the RR was finished in 1869. The US Cavalry is carrying repeaters (I forget which) which is a common misconception, they would have all been using trapdoor Springfields. (the rifle that truly deserves the title of the RIfle that Won the West)

Still, I really like the show

Last edited: