• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hellfire Match vs MPA DN5

LR1845 let me borrow his DN5 for a local match held near me. When I was shooting with the break I was able to hold my position quite well with each shot. The major issue I had was the blast from it. I could not take it during the match. I shot 6 sieges with it but the back blast was more than I could take. I did make sure it was on correctly and it stayed on, but after my 6 stage, I had to take it off. I switched back to my Ace Break.

I was about 99% sure this was going to be your report...the DN5 looks awesome and works well but the back blast is worse than any brake I have ever used or been around...I'm going to call Woody with MPA Monday and give him a heads up....Plus I think I need one of the Polished Smoke Matrix Pro 2s.

The ace performed horribly. I ran one for a year. The ATS has significantly more recoil reduction, while being more pleasant than the ACE to shoot around. Yanick "feels" is very subjective, but having tested the ATS and ACE side by Side, the ATS Beats it in shooter concussion and side concussion as well. The TMB and A419 are by far the worst, Followed by the APA Fast Bastard Gen 3. I shoot a FB on 6.5cm match guns just to help with muzzle flip. Its a very effective brake, it just sucks to be around it.

I got my ATS brake...I was not expecting much over other brakes...like I said I've shot most of them....but after shoot it just 30mins ago on a 65SST running 153.5g Bergers at 2950ish I am truly impressed!!...enough so that I will be replacing 2 other brakes with the ATS's!

As far as the sound/concussion goes...I can tell you it is noticeable quieter at the shooter than the brakes I've shot(including the ACE)and there is ZERO back blast which is something I was not expecting from looking at the angle of the gills. The big thing for me was the recoil reduction compared to the ACE...it is significant....as I said above I have a new favorite brake and when I shoot my next match I will ask for opinions on the blast from my squad and try to remember to report back.

I got my ATS brake...I was not expecting much over other brakes...like I said I've shot most of them....but after shoot it just 30mins ago on a 65SST running 153.5g Bergers at 2950ish I am truly impressed!!...enough so that I will be replacing 2 other brakes with the ATS's!

As far as the sound/concussion goes...I can tell you it is noticeable quieter at the shooter than the brakes I've shot(including the ACE)and there is ZERO back blast which is something I was not expecting from looking at the angle of the gills. The big thing for me was the recoil reduction compared to the ACE...it is significant....as I said above I have a new favorite brake and when I shoot my next match I will ask for opinions on the blast from my squad and try to remember to report back.
Did you get just the break or the tuner and the break? Asking for a friend…