• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft hello all.

brian12

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2014
I need to know how thick a hardened piece of steel would need to be to deflect a .50 caliber API, APIT round.
I also would like to know what you would consider a safe distance would be to test this. I am build a model car to demonstrate to a friend of mine.

36", 1000yds.

Red,

Are you getting this solution based on the steel being perpendicular to line of sight or the path of the projectile at the end of its trajectory? As you know, that makes all the difference in the world.

Keith

Last edited:
I would like to know because i am going to try and duplicate a tomb stone off of the movie death race. i also need to know the minimum safe distance that would be required to fire a .50 caliber API or APIT round at the tomb stone. I know this sounds crazy but I would like to see if that is actually a plausible idea or not.

the target distance would be less then 100 yards and deflection i am unsure of at this point.

Id first start with a smaller scale test, maybe reproduce frankenstains mask from the movoe with plaster of paris, id say shoot it at 10 yards to staart. Oh and make sure your wearing it during testing to get accurate data

well it seems as though i have found the info i am looking for. and thank you to the ones who have actually given me the info

If you're actually going to test this shit, please make sure you are deflecting towards the ground and not the sky while maintaining a very suitable Earthen backstop for penetrations. Those projectiles will go and go for several miles, even after skipping off a metal plate, while still maintaining lethal effects if it hits a person or property. This is very well documented and witnessed over the years. Safety, safety, safety...

The performance of various armor piercing projectiles are widely found elsewhere on the internet. We're just not going to give the information out here, especially to someone who types like English is not their first language. We're a suspicious lot nowadays.

And yes, it sounds crazy.

If you're actually going to test this shit, please make sure you are deflecting towards the ground and not the sky while maintaining a very suitable Earthen backstop for penetrations. Those projectiles will go and go for several miles, even after skipping off a metal plate, while still maintaining lethal effects if it hits a person or property. This is very well documented and witnessed over the years. Safety, safety, safety...

The performance of various armor piercing projectiles are widely found elsewhere on the internet. We're just not going to give the information out here, especially to someone who types like English is not their first language. We're a suspicious lot nowadays.

And yes, it sounds crazy.

Thank you for at least stating why you are not willing to give me the information i am looking for Redmanss. and if you look at my other posts i am asking for a safe distance to test this idea on that will not harm myself or others.