• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello everyone, I'm new

Robby

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2013
But interested in the wealth of experience shown here. I used to hand load for my hand guns back in the day, and achieved some pretty good results. It's been awhile and I've just purchased a new Steyr Lapua .338 mag with a Ziess hensoldt zf 6-24x72mm tactical riflescope and today I started acquiring reloading supplies. I started out with several containers of H-1000 based on what I've read, Sierra 300 gr HPBT bullets, I'm sending away for some Lapua brass, and I have some Federal large mag premium primers. Again I believe a good combination based on what I've read. The Steyr is a 1 in 9 twist, 27.17 inch barrel, folding stock, it's supposed to be a very accurate rifle.

I don't anticipate hunting with it? More of a target shooter, probably out to say 300 yards, although I understand the weapon can reach out much farther. I enjoy the precision of reloading, the exacting standards, the measuring, weighing, crafting each step by hand. And then recording results at the range. I really enjoyed it when I did it for the .357, .44 and .45 many years ago. But I've never reloaded a rifle cartage. So I look forward to the assistance and interaction here, I know there are a great many seasoned experts on whom I will rely.

Thank you and I look forward to your support.

Robby.

I picked up my SSG-08 today! :)

And got a couple of boxes of Black Hills ammo (20 rnds, 300gr SMK)

I won't fire it for a couple of weeks yet. Also got my 100 rnds of Lapua brass today, and am building my reloading station.

A challenge around Atlanta is finding a range where I can stretch this thing out. But I'm more interested in the boy shooting his Ruger 10/22 for the 1st time. So we'll find a range that gives 25/50/100 as well as 500+ for me and the big dog :)

So stoked to pick that thing up today! Can't wait to do some long range rifle target shooting, again, I can make a believer out of you with my pistols... But I know this is a different world. I'm really looking forward to putting a few toes in to it. There's a lot to learn about this rifle, and the scope, and loading for them? So I'm a baby, but I have good stuff so I should be able to learn and get decent results.