• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hello From Arizona

WarKitty

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2014
Hello,

I am from Arizona. I have come to this forum in search of answers and I am sure I won't be disappointed.

I have many guns but, I currently use a Remington Model Four in 6MM and a Remington Model Seven also in 6MM for my non AR-15/Shotgun needs. I am currently looking at getting a 300 RUM, 338 RUM, or 338 Lapua for long range power fun. Yes I am a girl, no the big Magnums don't scare me. Grrr!

Welcome. Do you reload? If so I'd probably look at the 30cal long range rounds such as the 300wm and rum and load them with the hornady 208s or berger 230s. Bullets will be a bit cheaper and the rifle will be cheaper to build and they will fulfill all of your needs to 1500yds as easily as the 338. If shooting past that range then go ahead and jump into the 338. Just my $.02. Again, welcome to the hide. And I'm glad to see you're a girl with the name warkitty[emoji1]

Welcome. Do you reload? If so I'd probably look at the 30cal long range rounds such as the 300wm and rum and load them with the hornady 208s or berger 230s. Bullets will be a bit cheaper and the rifle will be cheaper to build and they will fulfill all of your needs to 1500yds as easily as the 338. If shooting past that range then go ahead and jump into the 338. Just my $.02. Again, welcome to the hide. And I'm glad to see you're a girl with the name warkitty[emoji1]

My dad did all my reloading. My reason for coming here was looking for an improved 6MM Remington recipe. I am about to invest in loading equipment. I need to find recipes for the 6MM, 357 Sig, 357 Mag, and maybe some special 9MM for when I pop the 9MM barrel into my 357 Sig and some special 223 to keep in separate mags. But I really need 6MM and 357 Mag for my Colt Python.

As far as the boomers go Lapua is pretentious I am more interested in the 338 RUM. 300 RUM looks nice and has a cost factor that is appealing but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a decision. Lapua is only an option because I can't seem to find a RUM. 300 RUM would just be settling although it seems the 300 can do just about anything the 338 can do.