• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Charlotte, NC

Moving target, I like it...never done them, rather new myself to rifle and LR shooting actually just ready for the scope to ship on Friday or so getting there. Welcome to the Hide. From Upstate SC.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
Welcome to the Hide from Middle Georgia. As a native Tarheel (Masonboro Sound, Intracoastal Waterway), It's good to have ya here. You'll find all kinds of helpful and interesting info here. Some of the best factual information from some of the most experienced and generally nicest folks. Yea, some curmudgeons too, to enjoy reading from. Get in and postwhere you can and laugh in the Bear Pit. But stick around and I think you'll enjoy it!

Reactions: required_user_name
I'm moving that direction soon. Any range recommendations? I think CPRC has the longest range, but it's only 250 yards I think.
I just joined a range about 6 weeks ago and I think it's pretty awesome. It's in Ellerbe, which is about an hour east of me. It's called coleman's creek training center. They have targets out to a mile. 7 separate ranges, 660 acres. Look 'em up online. I'm hoping to get down there this weekend.
If you don't mind me asking, what part of Union county are you moving to?

I just joined a range about 6 weeks ago and I think it's pretty awesome. It's in Ellerbe, which is about an hour east of me. It's called coleman's creek training center. They have targets out to a mile. 7 separate ranges, 660 acres. Look 'em up online. I'm hoping to get down there this weekend.
If you don't mind me asking, what part of Union county are you moving to?
Near the Mecklenburg county line to save on taxes, but not extend my commute.

Thanks for the tip on a range. Did not know that existed. It's only a hour and change away.

Near the Mecklenburg county line to save on taxes, but not extend my commute.

Thanks for the tip on a range. Did not know that existed. It's only a hour and change away.
I think you'll find it's worth the drive. Between what they have, and the planned additions, I think it'll probably be the nicest in the state.