• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Indiana

papershredder

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 23, 2021
in the land of Indiana
Hey everybody! Short intro here. Just started to get back into shooting this spring after 20 years off. Was into bench shooting back then. But coming back, I am getting off the bench. So, I decided to join this community to learn. Been lurking the Hide for about a year and a half now. I see much has changed in the shooting world. More and better training for new shooters, more variety in competition, more variety in the rifle market. Kind of wished I never left the hobby, but there is not much here in north central Indiana for shooting sports either. Only have three ranges within a half hour drive. One's an indoor, One 300yd shooting club that requires an NRA membership, and a 750yd range out back of a gun store next town over that charges $15 for one hour or $20 for all day each and every visit. If anybody knows of more ranges (300yds+) between South Bend and Indy or Ft. Wayne and Lafayette, let me know!

Thanks. Intros usually don't gain too much traction on any forums unless the person goes over the top with it. (yeah there was a couple recent examples here of just that, if they weren't moved to the bear pit, then they just got deleted)

Reactions: Raven81065
Hey everybody! Short intro here. Just started to get back into shooting this spring after 20 years off. Was into bench shooting back then. But coming back, I am getting off the bench. So, I decided to join this community to learn. Been lurking the Hide for about a year and a half now. I see much has changed in the shooting world. More and better training for new shooters, more variety in competition, more variety in the rifle market. Kind of wished I never left the hobby, but there is not much here in north central Indiana for shooting sports either. Only have three ranges within a half hour drive. One's an indoor, One 300yd shooting club that requires an NRA membership, and a 750yd range out back of a gun store next town over that charges $15 for one hour or $20 for all day each and every visit. If anybody knows of more ranges (300yds+) between South Bend and Indy or Ft. Wayne and Lafayette, let me know!
I'm around the Crown Point area, where is the range that has the 750 yard range, if you don't mind me asking?

Back boards in front of dirt mounds. Bring your own targets. They allow steel if you set them up in front of the backboards, and not scatter them around the range at random distances. When you sign in and pay, let them know it's your first time there, and they'll go over the rules.

Reactions: RollTrees16
Howdy, from a soon-to-be-Indy member! I’m moving to somewhere near the Warsaw area, so it sounds like you’ll be close to me. I might have to drop you a PM and we can team up to try and find some decent ranges. 🙂

Hillside in Roanoke has a 1000 yard range if you are a member. Guests are limited to 200.

Reactions: Basher
how busy does it get on weekends ?
Depends on the weather. I have been there 1 time on a nice weekend and it was a little busy but not bad. Weekdays are good, sometimes you will have the range to yourself. Wabash wildlife and sportsman association is a private range 400 yards and membership is like $80 a year

Reactions: papershredder
If anybody knows of more ranges (300yds+) between South Bend and Indy or Ft. Wayne and Lafayette, let me know!
Welcome, I'm just north of the boarder and a member of Youngs, which is just south of Lagrange, IN. The link has contact info and rules should you be interested.

We are blessed to have a healthy PRS region if you interested in shooting with a great bunch of guys around the MI, IN, IL, WI area. Michigan and Wisconsin matches can be found here https://www.prschallenge.com/

Red Brush (Indiana) matches can be found on practiscore and all of these, including IL, have facebook groups where update are pushed out.

Reactions: papershredder
Depends on the weather. I have been there 1 time on a nice weekend and it was a little busy but not bad. Weekdays are good, sometimes you will have the range to yourself. Wabash wildlife and sportsman association is a private range 400 yards and membership is like $80 a year

I used to be a member there at Wabash wildlife a couple decades ago. I wonder how accessible that 400yd is when the Salamonie and Roush reservoirs are letting water out? That target board has to be on the river bank. I talked to a member last Spring, I think they raised fee to $90 now, but don't quote me on that.

Welcome, I'm just north of the boarder and a member of Youngs, which is just south of Lagrange, IN. The link has contact info and rules should you be interested.

We are blessed to have a healthy PRS region if you interested in shooting with a great bunch of guys around the MI, IN, IL, WI area. Michigan and Wisconsin matches can be found here https://www.prschallenge.com/

Red Brush (Indiana) matches can be found on practiscore and all of these, including IL, have facebook groups where update are pushed out.
Thanks for the heads up on Young's (y)

I used to be a member there at Wabash wildlife a couple decades ago. I wonder how accessible that 400yd is when the Salamonie and Roush reservoirs are letting water out? That target board has to be on the river bank. I talked to a member last Spring, I think they raised fee to $90 now, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks for the heads up on Young's (y)
I have been shooting pistol matches there for a couple years and I have never seen water on the range