• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello From Ohio!

edub1309

Ronald Raygun
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2020
Northeast Ohio
Hi All! Born and raised in Northeast Ohio (Go Buckeyes!). I’ve been shooting since I was about 5, but just now getting into long range and putting together my first build. Not great timing with trying to get an action, etc. but I’m trying to be patient!

Reactions: Zorrosdens
HAD to be motivating and inspiring I can imagine, stepping into the arena and making your moves. Only videos so far for me...one day I’ll go. Probably feel just what you do. 😎🤙
It was very cool! A bit intimidating.. glad I went and observed and didn’t just go in as a cold shooter (would have had my rifle been complete). I’m lucky in that there is a range that holds matches with about 8 different stages just minutes from my parents house. I’m about an hour from them so I’ll likely visit A LOT! :)

• Love
Wow, very lucky you are, have confidence in yourself, understand training, training, training is KEY, and get in there show yourself...get advice as you can from the best if possible and go for it, you’ll be glad you didn’t shy out. They will help you if you show you want it. 🤙😎

Reactions: edub1309
Wow, very lucky you are, have confidence in yourself, understand training, training, training is KEY, and get in there show yourself...get advice as you can from the best if possible and go for it, you’ll be glad you didn’t shy out. They will help you if you show you want it. 🤙😎
Absolutely! I plan to stay humble and put in as much work as possible and learn as much as I can. This forum alone has already taught me so much without sending a single round down range and I’m really grateful for that!

Thank you! Out of curiosity what ranges do you go to (in case I want to take a little road trip :))
THUNDER VALLEY is north of Zanesville.
Raynors range is south of Zanesville.
I've shot at Thunder valley very very nice range.
Raynors is very different from thunder valley but it is still a very good range,
I've been there not shooting, just observing.
Thunder has a fb page, make sure you Check before going , open range dates and matches.
They go out to 1 mile.
Raynors I think goes to 800 yds.
Ranges are in and around a working farm,
Raynors is well off the beaten path, both of which I consider a quality.
I don't compete, I just like to do open range days.
Have fun.

THUNDER VALLEY is north of Zanesville.
Raynors range is south of Zanesville.
I've shot at Thunder valley very very nice range.
Raynors is very different from thunder valley but it is still a very good range,
I've been there not shooting, just observing.
Thunder has a fb page, make sure you Check before going , open range dates and matches.
They go out to 1 mile.
Raynors I think goes to 800 yds.
Ranges are in and around a working farm,
Raynors is well off the beaten path, both of which I consider a quality.
I don't compete, I just like to do open range days.
Have fun.
Thank you for taking the time to put this together; truly appreciated! I’ll try to make my way to each of these once my built is complete. I have Southington Hunt Club near me which is definitely an asset to have close!

Reactions: Zeroit
Hey guys, I’m near Wilmington looking for a long range rifle possibly a barreled action if anyone has anything for sale. Rather do face to face than send money.

Hey guys, I’m near Wilmington looking for a long range rifle possibly a barreled action if anyone has anything for sale. Rather do face to face than send money.
Do you want to build or just buy one “off the rack?” Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs is local (northeast Ohio) and is currently building mine. I talked to a lot of people and did my research prior to contacting them, and everybody had nothing but great things to say. They are also super quick to respond to email, changes, etc. and are reasonably priced. Just depends what you want to do.

Do you want to build or just buy one “off the rack?” Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs is local (northeast Ohio) and is currently building mine. I talked to a lot of people and did my research prior to contacting them, and everybody had nothing but great things to say. They are also super quick to respond to email, changes, etc. and are reasonably priced. Just depends what you want to do.
I’ve had a few rifles built but my sons getting old enough and wants to start shooting. Just looking for something that won’t hit the wallet too hard.

I’ve had a few rifles built but my sons getting old enough and wants to start shooting. Just looking for something that won’t hit the wallet too hard.
In that case I’d pick up a Ruger Precision in 6.5. Incredible entry price for a decent rifle. 6.5 might be the new fanboy round but it has good ballistics and is cheap to shoot. Just my .02c though as I’m no authority.

In that case I’d pick up a Ruger Precision in 6.5. Incredible entry price for a decent rifle. 6.5 might be the new fanboy round but it has good ballistics and is cheap to shoot. Just my .02c though as I’m no authority.
Thanks ya sir. That probably would be the best route

I'm in northeast Ohio as welland also pretty new to precision shooting. Where abouts?