• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Rainy Madison, Wi

klongo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Madison, Wi
Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. Felt it was time to jump in and become part of the community. Thanks for having me.

Hopefully we get a break soon. It would be nice to get out. I have a Rem 700 tac. 308 that I got around xmas that I haven't had a chance to shoot yet. You must be around Monroe area?

Welcome! The weather is great, rain, snow and the same for the next ten days! I'm sure it will warm up sometime soon...

Hopefully we get a break soon. It would be nice to get out. I have a Rem 700 tac. 308 that I got around xmas that I haven't had a chance to shoot yet. You must be around Monroe area?

Nope, I'm straight south in the Evansville area.

Welcome to the hide! Also do any of you Wisconsinites know if Winnequah has a day fee for non-members? I would love to go down there and stretch my Savage flcp-k but I'm not sure if they are open to the public or member only. Also, are they pretty strict about rapid fire? If I go I'd probably like to bring my ar as well.

Welcome to the hide! Also do any of you Wisconsinites know if Winnequah has a day fee for non-members? I would love to go down there and stretch my Savage flcp-k but I'm not sure if they are open to the public or member only. Also, are they pretty strict about rapid fire? If I go I'd probably like to bring my ar as well.

As far as I know Winnequah is members only. They have a great website that does have a schedule that you could check out though Winnequah Gun Club

Dude, you're from Oshkosh, go shoot at the Schiocton range. 600 yard range, police yourself by the rules of the range and put a few bucks in the box at the end. Don't F it up though, it's too nice of a range for the idiots to ruin. There used to be less rules but with people leaving their garbage all over things have gotten a little more strict. Either way if you want to shoot sometime give a yell, I'm over towards Sheboygan.

Dude, you're from Oshkosh, go shoot at the Schiocton range. 600 yard range, police yourself by the rules of the range and put a few bucks in the box at the end. Don't F it up though, it's too nice of a range for the idiots to ruin. There used to be less rules but with people leaving their garbage all over things have gotten a little more strict. Either way if you want to shoot sometime give a yell, I'm over towards Sheboygan.

I go to grad school at Marquette currently, so it's been a while since I went shooting. However, I have been going to Shiocton for a couple of years now. I really enjoy that range and I hate the ppl who fuck it up, not many have a gem like that around. Unfortunately, I have witnessed first hand, many times over, ppl leaving their garbage, shooting tv's, computers, microwaves etc... and leaving all their crap behind. Those same ppl never feel obligated to pay either (even though it was 3 bucks). My shooting buddy and I will be going there sometime in May (when I'm done with finals). When I go I will pm you to see if you want to join. Another range in our area that is nicely kept, but with strict rules, is the Twin Cities Rod and Gun Club (100, 200, and 300 rifle range). Not as great as Shiocton, but I prefer to go there for sight ins. The reason I was asking about Winnequah is because it would be nice just to go somewhere new for the weekend. Also, I'm not the greatest shooter, as I'm relatively new to the sport, but it would be fun trying my luck at the 1000yd range.

Last edited:
I go to grad school at Marquette currently, so it's been a while since I went shooting. However, I have been going to Shiocton for a couple of years now. I really enjoy that range and I hate the ppl who fuck it up, not many have a gem like that around. Unfortunately, I have witnessed first hand, many times over, ppl leaving their garbage, shooting tv's, computers, microwaves etc... and leaving all their crap behind. Those same ppl never feel obligated to pay either (even though it was 3 bucks). My shooting buddy and I will be going there sometime in May (when I'm done with finals). When I go I will pm you to see if you want to join. Another range in our area that is nicely kept, but with strict rules, is the Twin Cities Rod and Gun Club (100, 200, and 300 rifle range). Not as great as Shiocton, but I prefer to go there for sight ins. The reason I was asking about Winnequah is because it would be nice just to go somewhere new for the weekend. Also, I'm not the greatest shooter, as I'm relatively new to the sport, but it would be fun trying my luck at the 1000yd range.

They changed the rules at Shiocton now, pretty much only paper targets, I guess that's what they have to do to keep the mess down. I talked to the police officer last fall when I was there, managed to talk her into letting us shoot the bottles we had filled with water. After we got her to lighten up she was pretty cool about it. I have shot at the Twin City range, that's a nice place, and you can have a beer and share a story with the guys at the bar when you're done. For how regulated they have it there things really go smooth. I plan on shooting the F-class match at Wisconsin Rapids in May, I think it's the 25th ish you're more than welcome to join.

As for Winnequah I think we can shoot there during matches they have on the weekends, just get signed up early the spots fill up pretty quick. I'd love to shoot a 1000 yard match down there sometime, usually we have to end up in Nebraska to shoot @ 1000 in a match.