• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello, from South LA

mbjrlsu

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2019
Birmingham, AL
Hello everyone, I'm from South Louisiana around New Orleans. Have shot guns and hunted my whole life but just recently tried some "long range" shooting at a local range and I'm hooked. Was hitting targets out to 500yards which is well further than any shot I've ever tried to take before. My local range has targets out to 1000 yards and I'm looking to get a rifle to shoot out there. I currently have a POF Revolution DI .308 that I'm using as my hunting rifle but I want a bolt action to bring to the range.

I am trying to decide between 6.5CM and .300WM. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Better than driving 4.5 hours to what is now called Altus. Used to make that drive a lot years ago.

Yeah FTS definitely seems well run. I try and head out there one friday afternoon a month. Has me really itching for another rifle.

Welcome! Grew up in Grand isle LA. Left home in 97 and never looked back because my family sends me boudin. I’ll go back when the boudin stops showin up.

What kind of bolt guns are you looking at?

I have a bunch if there was a particular one you are interested in, you are welcome to try any of them.

As long as the boudin keeps showing up is definitely the important thing.

I am just beginning my search so I haven’t really narrowed it down yet. Only thing I’ve done is narrow it down to either 6.5CM or .300WM. I really like the Fix by Q and the Masterpiece Arms rifles but have limited experience with both. I’m thinking I want a 24” barrel with whatever rifle I decide on.

As long as the boudin keeps showing up is definitely the important thing.

I am just beginning my search so I haven’t really narrowed it down yet. Only thing I’ve done is narrow it down to either 6.5CM or .300WM. I really like the Fix by Q and the Masterpiece Arms rifles but have limited experience with both. I’m thinking I want a 24” barrel with whatever rifle I decide on.
IMO 300 win mag will likely be overkill for any shooting around here unless you have private land to shoot on. A Creedmoor would be my choice.

IMO 300 win mag will likely be overkill for any shooting around here unless you have private land to shoot on. A Creedmoor would be my choice.

I definitely agree with that but my rationale behind the 300 win mag was to more diversify my arsenal. I already have something relatively similar to the creedmoor with my .308 and if I ever do the elk hunt I've been wanting to do then I'm going to want the 300winmag.

mbjrLsu,
Welcome aboard Sir. Hey Ive gotta ask, whats your take on the Revolution DI. I have the piston version and its my favorite rifle. Im eager to try the lighter DI . . .

mbjrLsu,
Welcome aboard Sir. Hey Ive gotta ask, whats your take on the Revolution DI. I have the piston version and its my favorite rifle. Im eager to try the lighter DI . . .

It really is incredible. Have lugged it through the woods for a few hours several times and it's so easy to carry because of how light it is and it shoots incredibly well. Shot around 0.5 MOA for a 5 shot group at 100 yards. Are you in Louisiana?

Reactions: BA226
It really is incredible. Have lugged it through the woods for a few hours several times and it's so easy to carry because of how light it is and it shoots incredibly well. Shot around 0.5 MOA for a 5 shot group at 100 yards. Are you in Louisiana?

No afraid not. But if I make it out there I'll let you know. We're taking a trip to Atlanta soon but the wife has that all planned out. I'm envious Man I tell you ;)

Hello everyone, I'm from South Louisiana around New Orleans. Have shot guns and hunted my whole life but just recently tried some "long range" shooting at a local range and I'm hooked. Was hitting targets out to 500yards which is well further than any shot I've ever tried to take before. My local range has targets out to 1000 yards and I'm looking to get a rifle to shoot out there. I currently have a POF Revolution DI .308 that I'm using as my hunting rifle but I want a bolt action to bring to the range.

I am trying to decide between 6.5CM and .300WM. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Welcome from NOLA, I have a 6.5 bun in the oven for FTS and the eventually PRS.