• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from the belly of the beast, SF Bay Area

Peahi2

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2020
Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hi. I used to shoot a lot as a kid and only came back to shooting a couple of years ago. What started as a reintroduction into shooting with a safety class at the local range, became a super fun diversion...actually an obsession. A short time later after buying a safe for one small pistol has now become a full safe and a need for a 2nd bigger safe. I don't know why, but I have a a crap load of AR uppers all of the sudden too. Getting back into "the business," I was also shocked by all the unfortunate stuff going on against 2A in California. So sad, and anti-fun! I'm also realizing I missed out on all the fun with ARs (I was mostly shooting Beeman R8 pellet gun, 10/22, and dad's mini 14 back in the 80s--definitely Pre-Glock in the USA times).

With the covid thing going on, I've done way more research before purchases of gear and without a doubt, lots of insightful discussions I've found are over here. Although I don't have the opportunity to shoot long distance where I live, I hope to do so in the future. I have a variety of optics on my pistols/rifles: RMR, acog, other prism sights, scopes...and I like them all, although I've discovered I have astigmatism I'm gravitating towards optics that mitigate those problems.

I'm also looking for good reading on marksmanship, military related stuff, etc. thanks to kindle.

Howdy, I don't know why nobody replied. You said more than most. Welcome. I'm rather new myself, and usually am in the reloading section. My COVID hobby was getting into reloading, and I bought a SCAR 17 to go with my handloads. I think that was the order of events. It's funny because I was just reading another California guy post his hello note, and it sounds like California has some really nice shooting spots. I am in Minnesota, and you'd be surprised how few nice places there are to shoot; public places with distance at least. Anyway, welcome, and I hope you and your friends and family have avoided the C word.

welcome from delaware personally not a fan of safes or locking children in metal boxes to me is barbaric . I like them more where I can reach out and touch them when needed to want to .
I can totally relate to the obsession to buying more of the things you like , as a self proclaimed gun hoarder I feel the need for more guns hourly they just make me smile ..

Last edited: