• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello From the Deset

High Desert duck

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2014
Nuevo Mèxico
I have been lurking here for quite a while, and have gained a lot of knowledge and insight from all the members.

I started shooting out to long ranges as practice for hunting out here in the west several years ago. I really enjoyed the long range experience and started playing with my Winchester model 70 sporter (30-06) out to a 1000 yds. It did ok and I enjoyed myself, but after 3-5 shots the shot group really opens up (CBS is always right on). I have been wanting to get into long range competition and it was clear, while i worked up my hunting loads for the old -06 that it would not be the right rifle.

I have since found and acquired a new Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308 win, with a 26 inch barrel, night force base, vortex precision rings, and a vortex PST 6x24-50 SFP. I ended up putting it in a B&C A2 Medalist. after working up a load it is currently shooting about .75MOA at 300 yards for a 5 shot group. I am just starting to play with OAL.

I have signed up for my first F class in a couple of weeks, so it's time to buckle down finish the load workup and practice. Thanks for the collection of knowledge, hopefully i can keep putting it to good use here, great forum.

Here it is sitting on my hunting bipod

The last 300 yard group. 175 gr SMK@2740fps. The scale on the target is a little off due to my printer its about 7/8" to the depicted 1". I pulled the shot on the low right.

Last edited:
Nice stick. Welcome aboard! This place is pretty good. Lots of good info here but always ask where the people got the references from. I only say that because there are tons of legit people here...and some that don't really know. Anyway, welcome.