• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from the Netherlands

MaartenCox

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
Vlodrop
Hi there, I'm pretty new here, I have posted a question a couple of years ago and have been reading on the forum now and then, but I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself:

I'm Maarten Cox, 21 years old.

I have been shooting air guns since I was about 6 and been shooting firearms since my 16th

I serve in the Royal Dutch Army as a sergeant in the infantry.

In my platoon I try to take care of most of the training of our marksmen because our other NCO's don't have any knowledge about precision shooting and don't have the passion for the sniper/marksman skills as I have.

I want to be a little more active on this forum because I don't there is another place on the web that have more relevant information than Snipers hide has.

Second reason is that I'm always looking to improve my own shooting skills and always looking to improve my rifle, a savage model 12 VLP .223 1/9 twist and a bushnell elite 6500

And the last reason is that I want to start hand loading for my rifle.

If you have any questions about me, fire away!

Welcome to the Hide. I've met some of the Royal Danish Navy - Frogman Corps guys....they were doing some training at Peacemaker this year. Maybe the Dutch will get some time abroad shooting shit up. ;)

I spent a couple weeks in the Netherlands for the 60th anniversary of Operation Market Garden. Had an awesome time there. Really liked your country and it's people.

Welcome (belatedly) to the Hide.

Thanks guys,

We do have some nice military ranges but our civilian ranges are awful, and 100 yards max...

And I'm really had a hard time getting some quality factory ammo for my savage, but they do have good hand loading components so that's not a problem anymore

Seize the distance

I spent roughly a year in Maastricht as a NATO liaison and found that it was hard to keep my eyes on the road while driving because there were so many mooi Nederlands meisjes. En ik nog spreken met een zware Limburgse "G"

Dogtown, I live in Limburg, but for my work I'm stationed at a base in Drenthe. And there is nothing wrong with a "Limburgse G" ;)

Seize the distance

I lived in Geleen and later Brunsum, but worked in Maastricht most of the time. I must be getting old because that was more than 20 years ago ;)

Haha wow, yeah thats almost before my time :p i visit Geleen on a pretty regular base though, small world :)

If you ever go back there, let me know!

Seize the distance