• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Western Washington

TRyanOC

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2020
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. Hunting and shooting have been a passion of mine since I was young. I've been learning and practicing long range shooting these last few years.

I've been handloading for about 4 years now, but still have a lot to learn. It's an awesome hobby and has kept me busy during this corona virus crap! Thanks to sites like SH, I'm able to learn tons of valuable tricks and techniques.

I enjoy deer hunting the most, and have been going to Montana these last few years. 500 yard shots are common, so knowing how to shoot at distance is a must. I like this site and look forward to learning from you all!

Reactions: Strangedays
Anybody getting any trigger time in? I need to get out and test a load, but state forest lands where I shoot are closed.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Much appreciated.

There is a very active long range community in the northwest. Plenty of places in Capitol Forest to shoot far, and UNSC in Eatonville has a 550 yard range (it is a membership required club), and there are some great places on the east side of the state like Rock Lake Rifle Range to really stretch out the range.

There is a very active long range community in the northwest. Plenty of places in Capitol Forest to shoot far, and UNSC in Eatonville has a 550 yard range (it is a membership required club), and there are some great places on the east side of the state like Rock Lake Rifle Range to really stretch out the range.
I normally go up in the hills to Capital Forest and shoot steel. I found a 420 yard place I can shoot, but it's been somewhat difficult to find 600-800 yard flat shooting spots.

I definitely want to find some places on the eat side near Yakima area. I wouldn't mind the drive... Hell I drive over an hour to reach my spot in Capital forest, and it's sometimes taken. There's also the risk of offending the granola eatin,' ignorant, liberal "greeners" up in capital forest. Had a guy start yelling at me last time. ?

I'm going to do a search on Rock Lake Rifle Range. Thank you. I searched the Upper Nisquslly spot, and it appears to be difficult to become a member. Seems lik you need to know someone to be accepted?

Reactions: KevinD
I had a spot in cap forest to shoot 400 and 1100, but the last 2 times it's been gated off.

Reactions: TRyanOC
That would be great! I'm down for that. Thanks for the offer. Let me know!

We have an active facebook group called Northwest Precision Community if you're interested.
I haven't been on FB for years, but I'm going to look into this, thanks for the heads up!

Seems like some friendly and dedicated shooters on here. Happy to be a part of the group.

I posted on the NW community and posting here too... if anyone in Western WA has land that they can shoot off, I'm willing to come and pay some $ to rent it for a few hours. Just want to zero my new Vudoo. I have a KYL rack I can plop down and get outside and shoot a few hundred rounds. Looking for 50/100y distance.

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. Hunting and shooting have been a passion of mine since I was young. I've been learning and practicing long range shooting these last few years.

I've been handloading for about 4 years now, but still have a lot to learn. It's an awesome hobby and has kept me busy during this corona virus crap! Thanks to sites like SH, I'm able to learn tons of valuable tricks and techniques.

I enjoy deer hunting the most, and have been going to Montana these last few years. 500 yard shots are common, so knowing how to shoot at distance is a must. I like this site and look forward to learning from you all!

Welcome!

I posted on the NW community and posting here too... if anyone in Western WA has land that they can shoot off, I'm willing to come and pay some $ to rent it for a few hours. Just want to zero my new Vudoo. I have a KYL rack I can plop down and get outside and shoot a few hundred rounds. Looking for 50/100y distance.
I don't know if it's snow free yet, but Jack Pass north of Skykomish is good for 100 yards as long as there's no one else there. Find it on google maps.