• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello, new guy with .223

Tarant

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2011
Southern Oregon
Hello, my name is Jayme and I have a Remington 700 sps varmint in .223,

Today decided to get into long range shooting a few months ago and today was a very good shooting day. Out at my local 100 yrd range I was testing some factory ammo and my new B&C M40 stock. Needless to say I was very happy with the results and just wanted to share.
FedPre22355grGameking.jpg
This group was factory Federal Premium 55gr with Sierra Gameking BTHP

This was my best group the other types of ammo used were Fed Pre 55gr Nosler Ballistic tips, Hornady 55gr V-max, Hornady 53gr Superformance, and even Ultramax Reman 55gr FMJ(these grouped very well also) and 52gr HP.

Anyway I am heading to the reloading section to read up, but I wanted to say "Thanks" to all you folks that contibute to this great place, so Thanks again.

Re: Hello, new guy with .223

Very nice! Just so you know in advance, now you're hooked! Start saving and get a second job (LOL). Welcome to the forum.

YES!!! Another addict to reloading & accuracy. Btw, good shooting!

The SPS is twisted 12" and you're pissing up a rope for LR.