• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello thought id introduce myself.

BrodMan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
Waverly Ohio
My names Brody Colegrove. I live in Waverly Ohio and i am 16 years old. I have been lurking here for a while and really like this site. i have a borrowed remington 700 in .22-250 that i really like but i cant do anything to it so i want my own. My question is. What is the ballistic advantage of the 6mm over the .243? i want this gun for longer range coyote hunting. I appreciate any and all input. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hello thought id introduce myself.

Welcome to the Hide.
Your question is too broad to answer. There is a following for the 6mmAI in the varmint ranks, the 6br is a good critter getter also. But if you are looking for a box stock shooter the 243 has a better ammo selection. Are you looking for a custom build or factory build? If you load your own that will also open a few doors for ya. The early 6mm from Rem had a slow twist that gave it a bad name.

Thanks for the link. Lots of great info there. Also id like a custom build but i don't know if i can afford it and i plan on reloading eventually but for now I'm stuck with factory ammo.

just build it as you can one step at a time
action
trigger
barrel
stock
scope rings and base
stock
and scope

Aww man i dont think i could take that lol. the anticipation would kill me lol. I dont know much about building a rifle so where should i start?

Welcome to the Hide. Come on in and join the many and varied conversations.

If you know something about a given thread post your experience. If not, you're welcome to sit back and absorb what you wish.

Most of us older folk really appreciate it if you fill out your profile if you haven’t already.

Once again, nice to have you here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrodMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know much about building a rifle so where should i start? </div></div>

Most custom gun builders either have a few in stock or know a few customers that are looking to sell a duplicate.