• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing helluva crappie

rocky_lange

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2008
Pelham, AL
Not bad, 16", 2lb 12oz. Too bad it is my girlfriend's!!! Caught in Lake Logan Martin, Riverside, Alabama.

bigcrap1.jpg

Re: helluva crappie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not bad, 16", 2lb 12oz. Too bad it is my girlfriend's!!! Caught in Lake Logan Martin, Riverside, Alabama.

bigcrap1.jpg
</div></div>

Dude, can your girlfriend put my on some crappie that big? Holy smokes.

And the best part, we don't even own a boat. Caught it off her Aunt's boathouse dock.

Fishing is pretty good there. Size limit for the lake is 9" but we don't keep anything under 12" unless it is gut hooked and I tear it up getting the hook out. Quite often we will land a few 14". Landed one of them on my niece's "Snoopy" pole last weekend.

We catch pretty much anything in the lake from her dock too. Largemouth and redeye bass, black and white crappie, bluegill, carp, catfish, and even some striped bass. Just depends on the time of year.

Thats a pretty one......Nice and good eating. Me and some friends were night fishing at Berring river in Kentucky and we were catching 17" and 18" white crappies all night long. A couple of years ago someone caught a 22" white crappie somewhere in Kentucky ( I don't remember where.) I could probably find out where by doing a search for Ky record holders for that year... That is a sweety, have fun frying it.....SmokeRolls

I have been waiting for the water to get a bit warmer here, and trying to find farms with big ponds that no one fishes. More and more, people do not want to allow their land to be used for these purposes.

Nice fish and picture. Thanks.

My son caught one very similar in size and received a personalized certificate from the TWRA. He is only 9 and was on a scout campout so he was stoked. Check the Alabama Wildlife Resources Agency and see if she qualifies for anything. The certificate is awesome. Nice fish.

That's a slab for sure. She is pre spawn. That's when we put a real hurt'n on the big girls. Get a little more weight out of them before they dump their eggs as well. I haven't broken the 3 pound mark yet but have caught multiple slabs that approached it off of Lake Lanier. I've lost a few that I believe would have busted the 3 pound mark wide open but putting a crappie that big in the boat with a mouth that’s that thin is hard. They normally pull off. Well that's my luck anyway. The big one's always seems to get away ..................that's my story and I'm stick'n to it.

That is a darn good looking one man for sure. My mouth is watering just thinking about the fillets. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

That's a nice white perch/sacalait (I don't eat anything crappie).

Come try D'Arbonne Bayou, Ouiticha River, Red River, or the Mississippi in Louisiana 15 Feb-15 Mar. (Apr-May for the rivers)

The 15 or so of us that have been hitting those lakes over the years will all pull out at least one 2-2 1/2 lb'er every season. Once in a while someone will pull out one close to 3. We typically find the biggest on the rivers as they are falling during years where the water has been high for more than 3 months. Jig poles, crawfish colored squirrel hair jigs, and 4 lb line working the brush in the sloughs--never fails.

Sucks ass I'll miss it this year and next while on a remote.

Wow, I can just hear the oil crackling as I type this. There are a ton of Crappie in Clear Lake, but I never eat any of them, because of the mercury that's in them.

Keep the girlfriend, with the aunt that has a boathouse, on the lake full of fish...lol

-Pat

Thats a damn nice one for sure. The biggest one ive saw was a 15.5" one my father caught around 8yrs ago. Up here in the hot water ditches December thru March is prime time for them.

Jered aint it time to man-handle the flatheads down there?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAgw6d3kLPI