• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Help a suppressor novice w/a cover please!

sawman556

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2012
Bucks County, PA USA
Hey folks. I'd like to get a cover for my RC2, but don't know much about them. I was thinking TAB Gear, but I'm open to other suggestions??? I can't see anything once this thing gets hot. TAB Gear also makes 4 different ones. Which one do I want? Next question is, do I want to cover the whole thing or leave the collar exposed? Looks like I'm about 8.5" OAL and just over 7.5" if I don't include the collar. Thoughts?

https://www.tabgear.com/collections...1-sas2-sas3-sasr-suppressor-antimirage-shield

20221125-204848.jpg

Reactions: stephen r
Looks like you'll want a 7.5" cover for that can. Most don't get a cover that covers the collar, because most cans are HUB threaded for different mounting systems, but I guess being that it's a welded can, it wouldn't hurt anything to get an 8.5" cover and cover the whole thing.

Contact Rifles Only Gear... If they don't make one for it already, they will make a custom one for you.

These are the covers I run on my cans. The HAD is their highest rated, and it's an awesome cover. Well worth the money. 👍🏼

Reactions: stephen r
You’re gonna get a miriade of opinions on here. Probably many equally as good.
I like Precision Underground and have had good results with very high heat. All will still have mirage if shooting precision. These hold up well and stay in place which is important.

I love my Armageddon gear cover on my TBAC. I have them for my omega 36m and saker 556. Which have collars like yours. The Armageddon is a pain to get over the collar if coming from the muzzle. Due to the string wrapping the rear of the cover/can. Which prevents it from sliding forward

If you have the real estate to put the cover on the barrel first, then suppressor and slide the cover in from the rear it won’t be an issue

If you don’t have a portion of the cover or at least a string that goes behind the mount it will slide forward. Have seen some that Velcro and no matter how tight they are they slide forward

That said I know the RO HAD and PU covers mentioned above get good praise. I’m sure they’ll see this thread and chime in.

If they have a cover that can mount over the collar with retention on or behind the mount collar it will work well

Reactions: 07SGT4623
Looks like you'll want a 7.5" cover for that can. Most don't get a cover that covers the collar, because most cans are HUB threaded for different mounting systems, but I guess being that it's a welded can, it wouldn't hurt anything to get an 8.5" cover and cover the whole thing.

Contact Rifles Only Gear... If they don't make one for it already, they will make a custom one for you.

These are the covers I run on my cans. The HAD is their highest rated, and it's an awesome cover. Well worth the money. 👍🏼
Just ordered a MAD today. its $10 off for BF. it was between it or the Armageddon. RO has more color options.

Reactions: FuhQ
Precision Underground
I’ll second @Precision Underground covers. He can also make custom lengths / diameters to fit your suppressor as required
Much appreciated guys. OP we don’t cover the collar on those bc the release button sticks out and will make it a mess. Ours will snug up to the button and the kevlar cord will cinch behind the collar. Ours will look better and mitigate mirage as good or better than anything you put it up against.
A2D4F295-599F-4659-B8B8-4AD861AC559E.jpeg

Just ordered a MAD today. its $10 off for BF. it was between it or the Armageddon. RO has more color options.
I just ordered 2 more HAD's while they were $10 off, for my OCL Hydrogen-S and Hydrogen-L when they finally get out of NFA jail... Hopefully soon.

Conqueror: Any issues getting them from NZ? How good is the mirage reduction?

I’ve ordered from them multiple times. It’s slow to clear customs but generally no other issues. One time my package went to Kuala Lumpur for unknown reasons but they replaced my items.

Im really happy with the cole tac cover. Stays put and reduces mirage well. Also jave the armageddon gear one and its well made but slides a little during recoil. Ill probably try the precision underground next.

Prob 3-4 weeks of shipping time. They do VERY slowly migrate forward but can easily be pushed back on. I have not had a major problem with one falling off. And the advantage is that if you don’t like it, it was cheap. I’ve wasted over a hundred bucks on a name-brand suppressor cover before that didn’t work for shit and fell off all the time.