• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Help Buying First Can

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
I'm going to get my first suppressor. Don't know a ton about the purchasing process. I'm pretty sure that I want to setup a trust so my wife and kids can use the cans without getting into any trouble.

Any suggestions on the whole process?

Easiest way to setup a trust?
Thanks!

Is the silencer shop trust any different from the guntrustguru website?

I'm definitely going to go with a kiosk - found one locally. Just need to figure the trust stuff out.

I second Silencer Shop. I got my trust elsewhere and got my first can at a different shop and worked out just fine, but I've got 3 more cans and 2 form 1's since then, all through Silencer Shop, and it really is amazing just how easy they have made the process.

Reactions: 4350muncher
I went with guntrustguru recently and can testify that they are the real deal. The ability to add people to your trust easily made me go that direction

Yup, silencershop is quick. But in all honestly you could do it yourself as well, especially if you file individually. When I filed individually it was just fill out FD-258 forms, get fingerprinted at the PD station, take some passport pictures, purchase the can, receive the serial number, write a check and send packet to ATF. Took me 3 days for all of that to go down. 10 months later picked up my can.

Although this time around I'm letting Capitol Armory do most of the heavy lifting. 18 month wait, here I come!

I went with guntrustguru recently and can testify that they are the real deal. The ability to add people to your trust easily made me go that direction

Any clue how it differs from the Silencer Shop trust?

I'm not sure about the others, but with Silencer Shop, once you have all your info to them, buying the next one is is as easy as placing your order and signing one document. Couldn't be any easier

I'm not sure about the others, but with Silencer Shop, once you have all your info to them, buying the next one is is as easy as placing your order and signing one document. Couldn't be any easier

Do they ever have sales or is everything msrp?

I don't know a ton about the silencer shop trust, but I believe the guntrustguru trust let's you add people to your trust after you've got your suppressor really easily. It's as simple as noterizing some pages out of the trust. It's really cool because you can put someone on your trust for any length of time you want (eg 2 weeks if youre hunting with a friend and want to share one of your suppressors for the trip), to forever (eg your significant other).
I would file your form 4 as a trust with you as the only responsible person- to me that seemed like the most flexible way to go

So say I purchase this suppressor now. I submit everything with only my name on the trust. I get approved and add three people to the trust. Now I want to buy another Suppressor in 2 years. I want to reuse the same trust. Now all 4 of us will need to be fingerprinted, photos, and background checks for the approval of the new item? Is this correct?

In my reading it looks like a single shot trust is the way to avoid having to have multiple people go through all that hassle.

Also looks like others will take a trust from somewhere like guntrustguru, copy the information into word with a new trust name and create their own "single shot" trust at a notory.

Am I correct on all of this?

So say I purchase this suppressor now. I submit everything with only my name on the trust. I get approved and add three people to the trust. Now I want to buy another Suppressor in 2 years. I want to reuse the same trust. Now all 4 of us will need to be fingerprinted, photos, and background checks for the approval of the new item? Is this correct?

In my reading it looks like a single shot trust is the way to avoid having to have multiple people go through all that hassle.

Also looks like others will take a trust from somewhere like guntrustguru, copy the information into word with a new trust name and create their own "single shot" trust at a notory.

Am I correct on all of this?

Here is a thread that is very similar to this that may help.

I'm not sure to the answers about your other questions though, but the questions I did have I reached out directly to guntrustguru and they were very quick to reply.

Reactions: treillw
Do they ever have sales or is everything msrp?
They have sales. Once you set up an account, you get emails about their specials. I felt the prices were competitive. I'm sure you'll find cheaper prices, but for the convenience, I felt the extra was worth it.
I ordered my first one, haven't received it yet, and have since ordered a 2nd.
I can't really answer first hand about adding people later, but I can add people to my trust with a simple notary process

Buying a suppressor now is like going to Vegas. Spend what don't mind losing because I think a 2020 Dem win will be the end of them if not before.

How can they make you destroy things you paid for with no reimbursement?