• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report HELP-Chrono. Fed. Match 168gr-26" Barrel

jrbet83

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2009
Pasco, Washington
Has anyone chronographed federal gold metal match 168gr through a 26" barrel? Through my PSS, the ammo shot alot flatter than it should have (going off the internet ballistic sites).

Will a 15MOA base change your down range MOA adjustments?

Re: HELP-Chrono. Fed. Match 168gr-26" Barrel

Thru my SPS-V 26in 12 Twist, I got 2640fps with FGMM 168's over the chrono. Hope that helps.

SY

Re: HELP-Chrono. Fed. Match 168gr-26" Barrel

If you are using one of the JBM type programs, you have to be really sure that your 100 yard zero is on the money. A slight error on 100 yard zero will dramatically change the POI at distance thereby rendering the predicted flight path of the projectile invalid. Best is to plot the one hundred, two hundred and three hundred drops by actual firing for groups at those distances. Then you can reverse engineer the longer range drops and velocities using the programs and ballistic coefficients. JMHO