• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes help deciding between 3 scopes

Suresperance

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Fairport NY
Alright I'm building my first .308 and am stuck on optics. I have the midway vortex tactical oh my cz452 and love that scope but I'm wanting a hash style reticle as opposed to a standard mildot. I love the turrets on the vortex and would like to find something with just as solid of clicks. So my choices are get another vortex from midway , a milquad ss 10x or I really love the b20 reticle in the falcon 10x. So my question is since I have experience with the vortex already how much would I be giving up picking a ss or falcon ? How does the glass compare? is the ss close to the vortex? is the falcon even on the same playing field or will it really fall short? How are the turrets on the ss and the falcon compared to the vortex? I plan to upgrade to a pst so this is just a low budget scope to get me shooting. my budget is 500 max and if the falcon would work well enough and save me a few bucks I would be okay with that. Oh btw it's the side paralax ss Im interested in. I want to keep side adjust consistent with all of my scopes ... if there are any other mil/mil sub 500 dollar scopes I should check out I'm also open to suggestions. But I'd really like to hear how the falcon and ss glass and turrets compare to the vortex I already have.

Re: help deciding between 3 scopes

Man to be honest I would get the Vortex. I have nothing against the SS. I've had a couple and they definitely get the job done. The only complaint I had with mine was the turrets were kinda mushy. The only Falcon I ever had was a 4-18x56. It was okay I guess, I didn't keep it long enough to put it through much. The main reason I say go with Vortex is because you know it's gonna be a good scope and if anything goes wrong with it you know they'll take care of you no questions asked. Plus since you are planning on upgrading the scope eventually, with the Vortex and even with the SS, you'll be able to recoup most if not all of your money if you sell it to upgrade.