• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

help find a sniper rifle

styer308

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2004
Alta Loma
i need help finding a sniper rifle for a friend. he would like:

he wants to spend $2,400 max

he wants to shoot 1000 yards or more

he wanted a 338 but is open for other caliber if need be

he wants a bolt action but is open on that to

please give me some ideas that i can show him

it must be ca legal

thank you thomas

#1 Ass rape incoming...

#2 Oh no, here we go again. If I was you I would immediately close this thread and repost with a different subject matter. Noone here looks highly upon those who refer to their rifle as a "sniper rifle". You need to find your friend a precision rifle, since he is almost certainly not a sniper.

If you don't believe me, please refer to here http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...257415-wanting-custom-build-sniper-rifle.html

Last edited:
I would think if you have been a member since 2004... you'd know not to ever ask for a "Sniper Rifle" on here.... y'all know what I mean?

OP- you are not getting serious replies because you used the term sniper rifle.

on a more serious note, and this is about as nice as the posts are going to get in this thread, use the search function. there is a lot to learn. most questions have been asked. read, and then read more, and then some more.

OP- you are not getting serious replies because you used the term sniper rifle.

on a more serious note, and this is about as nice as the posts are going to get in this thread, use the search function. there is a lot to learn. most questions have been asked. read, and then read more, and then some more.

Again, he's been a member since 04, and still asks about a "Sniper Rifle"??????

138538-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

just forget it i will look on my one sorry.. i have never posted... later... bye

Just close your own thread, and start a new one, just omit the sniper rifle and call it anything else... a stick, precision rifle, tactikool rifle, penile compensate device... anything really, just NO SNIPER!

You just can't fix stupid...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cR63dEIH7yY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awwww...don't go. I kinda like these threads. Maybe I'll start my own. Maybe something like this:

"Hi, I'm in need of a sniper rifle. My requirements:
Must have enough kinetic energy down range to deal with all the "wet work" i'll be dispensing...yall know what I'm saying.
Must be able to make hits out to well past a mile as my superlative skills in field craft and shooting allow me to chill in my hide and enjoy my coffee while the bodies hit the floor.
It should be chambered in something that sounds cool and/or has the word sniper in it.
Must be cool looking like the one in the video game my mom just got me.
Finally, it must cost no more than $900 with a scope...scope must have a badass name.

Basically a badass rifle for a total badass sniper and kung-fu hondo rolling ninja master of drunken monkey style."

just forget it i will look on my one sorry.. i have never posted... later... bye

just a really bad day to start that. too much hilarity from previous thread. you know what i mean...

if 2400 is is max including glass hes got an OK starting point, but not ideal. my suggestion would be a tikka sporter in 260 and use whats left for glass and practice ammo.

OR find a used rifle here in the FS section. lots of pretty htings up tehre. No need for 300 win mag or 338 lap is 1k is his initial goal. Ability to shoot well and read wind will make a hundred times more difference then his caliber choice.

I think this guy builds good sniper rifles... you might want to check him out..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0U3sov0tKKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0U3sov0tKKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Guys got crazy skills....Contact info?

Awwww...don't go. I kinda like these threads. Maybe I'll start my own. Maybe something like this:

It should be chambered in something that sounds cool and/or has the word sniper in it.
Must be cool looking like the one in the video game my mom just got me.

Dare I mention the caliber 338 Snipetac? That's like tactical and sniper bred and had a sniper designated baby!!

How long is the wait time?

Tell your friend to give me his $2400. I will then kick him in the balls real hard and give him half of it back.. There ya go

Again, he's been a member since 04, and still asks about a "Sniper Rifle"??????

138538-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

On fucking "snipers hide" no less! Oh the nerve of some of these bastards. Who really gives a fuck what they call it. Why are all you fuckin turds so worried about what someone calls a rifle. I get it... It's just crazy taboo to say the word "sniper". Frank...time for a name change cause this place is becoming more gay then aids.

i need help finding a sniper rifle for a friend. he would like:

he wants to spend $2,400 max

he wants to shoot 1000 yards or more

he wanted a 338 but is open for other caliber if need be

he wants a bolt action but is open on that to

please give me some ideas that i can show him

it must be ca legal

thank you thomas

Hmmmm. Is that $2,400 just for the sniper rifle, or are you hoping to have glass in that price as well? Looking on Gunbroker.com just now, there were 2 savage rifles and one weatherby that fit your price range...without scopes for a 338LM rifle.

While 338LM will most certainly get you to 1,000 yds and beyond, it is not necessary as some of the smaller (and cheaper) calibers will get you pretty far as well.

For bolt actions (just the actions) the sky is the limit. You have your choice of any number of custom actions or you can build on a factory gun.

I hope that helps.

Don't sweat all the ragging, as it is par for the course. When I see it occur, I just think to myself "Bro, do you even shoot?" and go on about my day.

Last edited:
what a bunch of first rate want to be faggots and I don't mean the OP most of you would go in the corner and jack off for the chance to meet a real sniper but you trash this dude because he asked about a sniper rifle on "sniper's" hide. 95% of you all are fucking wana be's anyway

what a bunch of first rate want to be faggots and I don't mean the OP most of you would go in the corner and jack off for the chance to meet a real sniper but you trash this dude because he asked about a sniper rifle on "sniper's" hide. 95% of you all are fucking wana be's anyway

Dang it... Did I leave my webcam on again!!! ;)

your just mad cuz you got a poser name. you should call yourself backyard precision....