• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Help finding fancy grade walnut stock for M1A

DedicatedShooter

Air Winger
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
NoVA
I have been looking all over for a fancy or extra fancy grade walnut stock for my M1A. I want an unfinished stock as my dad works for a furniture company and one of the guys who works on the finish line can do the finishing for me. I can have my local gunsmith fit it if I decide that I don't feel like doing it myself.

Stocky's or Boyd's (I forget where I saw it) only had standard grade stocks in their inventory and were sold out of the fancy and extra fancy stocks.

So if anyone knows where I can find a new stock, or knows of someone who can make me one, it would be GREATLY appreciated if you could direct me to them!!

Thanks for the help as always.

Re: Help finding fancy grade walnut stock for M1A

Call Wenigs. They make a very nice copy of the issue stock and can do it in any grade of Walnut you may want. I have used them for 3 M1A stocks and have yet to be disappointed. I dont think they show them on the website but they do make them.

+1 on Wenig's. Well made and quite inexpensive, at least before you get to the real exotics. Clint Fowler uses them too.

Have a few original M14 stocks that is pretty darn fancy wood. Would need to fill in auto selector cut on left side. Will have cartouches and circle P proof mark. I will be gone for a week but will check when I get back. Can send pics then and see it you like it.
Bill