• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Help identify a thermal unit

cgmaster1

Captain
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2006
Gulf Coast Mississippi
I am looking to find out what type of unit this is I recently got 4 of these. They came from the department of energy.

I think it is a AN/PAS-13 MWTS it takes 6 AA batteries and has about a 62mm lens. Are marked TWS 30-50-300-009 and has the serial number.
DRSTHERMALLG-1.gif

What is the resolution on these? Any other info would be helpfull. I was told these were DRS technologies TWS-3050 but looking at them I think they are the AN/PAS-13D MWTS. The pictures of the DTS TWS-3050 looks different.

Re: Help identify a thermal unit

It looks like an AN/PAS13D with an unusual objective lens I believe. Is the zoom approximately 2:1 by any chance?

Regards
David

Some ref links:
https://rdl.train.army.mil/soldierPortal/atia/adlsc/view/public/24979-1/FM/3-22.9/chap2.htm

image042.jpg

and

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/pas-13-thermal-weapon-sights-on-order-03420/

ELEC_AN-PAS-13_Family_lg.jpg

That top one is an AN/PAS-13D V3... The next is a V1. I think your lens would be between the two, though I don't know if that makes it a V2.

Regards
David

You planning on keeping all 4 or will any be up for sale? Looks like an interesting piece.

All are sold. When I got them I didn't know what were, only that they were they are like the pas-13 v 2 from drs. Turns out I was almost right they are alot like tthe an/pas-13. all the ones I got except one were 320x240 cores. One had a 640x480 core. These have a 62mm lens with 15 fov. About a 2x optical zoom. They do interchange with all standard pas-13 parts. I ordered a 103 mm lens for the one I kept. I have only had a little time to play with mine but it is nice. I am working on getting the rest of these and will let everyone know of I do get them. If I get them they will be going back to drs to have them fully checked. I will also have the option to upgrade these to 640x480 cores and to change the lens if wanted for a very good price.

If you do get them what will be the rough price on one of these?